Victory's Price is an upcoming canon novel written by Alexander Freed. It is the sequel to Shadow Fall (2020) and the final volume of the Star Wars: Alphabet Squadron trilogy. It will be published by Del Rey on March 2, 2021. The unabridged audiobook will be narrated by January LaVoy.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
In the wake of Yrica Quell's shocking decision—and one of the fiercest battles of their lives—the remnants of Alphabet Squadron seek answers and closure across a galaxy whose old war scars are threatening to reopen.
Soran Keize has returned to the tip of Shadow Wing's spear. Operation Cinder, the terrifying protocol of planetary extermination which began in the twilight of the Imperial era, burns throughout the galaxy. Shadow Wing is no longer wounded prey fleeing the hunters of the New Republic. With its leader, its strength has returned, and its Star Destroyers and TIE squadrons lurk in the darkness between stars, carrying out the fallen Emperor's final edict of destruction—as well as another, stranger mission, one Keize has championed not for the dying Empire, but for its loyal soldiers.
Alphabet Squadron's ships are as ramshackle and damaged as their spirits, but they've always had each other. Now, as they face the might of Keize's reborn juggernaut, they aren't even sure they have that. How do you catch a shadow? How do you kill it? And when you’re finally victorious, who pays the price?
Media[edit | edit source]
Editions[edit | edit source]
- ISBN 9781984820075; March 2, 2021; Del Rey; US hardcover
- ISBN 9781984820082; March 2, 2021; Del Rey; US eBook
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- states that Victory's Price begins eleven months after the Battle of Endor, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. The Battle of Jakku, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas states takes place in 5 ABY, is stated in Lost Stars to take place a year and four days after the Battle of Endor. Additionally, Before the Awakening states that Kes Dameron and Shara Bey moved to Yavin 4 around six months after the Battle of Endor, and Galactic Atlas dates their move to 5 ABY. Therefore, Victory's Price must be set in 5 ABY.
- Whitbrook, James. In This Star Wars: Victory's Price Excerpt, the Empire Strikes Back...at Itself. io9. Archived from the original on February 9, 2021. Retrieved on February 9, 2021.
- Freed, Alexander. A new Star Wars trilogy comes to an end in an exclusive preview of Victory's Price. Polygon. Archived from the original on February 23, 2021. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.