The Viper recon droid was manufactured by Arakyd Industries.
Manufactured by Arakyd Industries, the droid was visually similar to the Separatist probe droid, a small probe droid model with a contractable photoreceptor used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars.
The droid saw use under the reign of the Galactic Empire on its occupied world of Lothal. There, the probe droid patrolled Imperial installations alongside the smaller sentry droids and TIE fighters.
Behind the scenesEdit
The viper recon droid first appeared in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Counterattack." It again featured in the early-2015 mobile game Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions, where it is identified simply as a "Probe Droid." It would not be until the late-2015 reference book Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles that the droid is given its official name.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions (as Probe Droid)
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles (First identified as Viper recon droid)
- Collapse of the Republic (First identified as Ringneck recon droid)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack"
- ↑ In Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions, the probe droid is taller than Ezra Bridger. As Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head establishes Bridger's height as 1.65 meters, the droid must measure over this height.
- ↑ (Slide 9)