- "We now have enough of the Blue Shadow Virus to start filling the bombs!"
"He said 'bombs.'"
"We will only need to send one bomb to each key star system. Work quickly, I want them ready to deliver by…"
- ―A holorecording of Nuvo Vindi and C-3PO
The viral bomb was a type of explosive that Doctor Nuvo Vindi designed to be the vessel for his resurrected Blue Shadow Virus during the Clone Wars. After a raid on Vindi's lab, clone ordnance specialists were called in to defuse the bombs. However, the LEP servant droid LEP-86C8 activated one of the bombs, causing the virus to be released across the lab. Republic forces, including Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano, Senator Padmé Amidala, and many clone troopers, were trapped inside when they sealed the lab to prevent the airborne virus from spreading across Naboo.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mystery of a Thousand Moons"
- (First identified as viral bomb)