- "Welcome aboard! I'm Bastila Shan. We've been expecting you. Do you have the codes?"
- ―Jedi Knight Bastila Shan, welcoming a group of Republic agents aboard the Viscount
The Viscount was a capital ship that served in the Republic Navy during the Jedi Civil War, a galactic conflict fought between the Galactic Republic and Darth Revan's Sith Empire. In 3957 BBY, the Viscount accompanied a small Republic fleet to the Republic's border with the Sith Empire, to rendezvous with a group of Republic agents. The agents arrived at the meeting point and landed aboard the Viscount, then attended a briefing about an upcoming strike against the Sith.
History[edit | edit source]
The Viscount was a capital ship that served in the Republic Navy during the Jedi Civil War, a galactic conflict waged between the Galactic Republic and Darth Revan's Sith Empire. In 3957 BBY, the Viscount was assigned to be the lead ship of a small Republic fleet, which had assembled near the Republic's border with the Sith Empire. The fleet waited there to rendezvous with a group of agents who had been sent to the planet Sernpidal, in order to obtain command codes that would allow the Republic to bypass the sensors of the Sith fleet.
When the agents' starship arrived at the rendezvous point, it hailed the Viscount with an authorization code, and four Aurek-class tactical strikefighters then escorted the agents into the Viscount's hangar bay. Once the agents had disembarked, they were greeted by a group of Republic soldiers and led to a conference room, where several high-ranking Republic officers had congregated, to plan their next strike against the Sith. The Jedi Knight Bastila Shan welcomed the agents, then briefed the officers on a plan to engage the Sith fleet and capture Darth Revan, the leader of the Sith Empire. Afterward, the Republic fleet departed from the meeting point to face the Sith fleet, and during the resulting battle, the Republic agents launched from the Viscount in Aurek strikefighters. The operation went to plan, and Shan was able to apprehend Revan.
Commanders and crew[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Viscount was created by Patrick Stutzman and featured in the roleplaying scenario The Betrayal of Darth Revan, which was released at the Gen Con gaming convention in August 2008. The scenario was later made available as a free download on the Internet.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Betrayal of Darth Revan (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Betrayal of Darth Revan
- The roleplaying adventure The Betrayal of Darth Revan was created for up to six pre-generated player-characters to take part, and during the course of the adventure, each of the players will be given the use of an Aurek-class tactical strikefighter.
- The Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide gives a date of 3956 BBY as the year that Revan searches for the Star Forge as a retrained Jedi. When Revan visited the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, Deesra Luur Jada tells him that Bastila Shan and her strike team had assaulted Darth Revan's ship nearly a year ago (Dialog StrRef 6568). Therefore, a date of 3957 BBY is used as the date of Darth Revan's capture.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic