Vocalizer masks were commonly used by Anomids due to their lack of vocal cords. They converted subtle movements of the wearer's jaw and throat muscles into audible Basic.
Similarly, electronic masks worn by the Qieg approximated the Human voice box and reproduced the vocal ranges, allowing them to communicate with Humans as their own language was a series of chirps and clicks, augmented by body language.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
- Shadow Games
- Riders of the Maelstrom
- "Lan Barell"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- Galaxy Guide 11: Criminal Organizations
- Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies
- Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia