- "Vodran is a terrible place. It's murky; it's dank. It was the stronghold of Harra the Hutt. She and her collection of scum and troublemakers abandoned Vodran during an Imperial incursion, and as far as we know, the Empire years ago. The swamp has taken back most of the planet."
- ―Gial Ackbar
Vodran was a swampy, murky jungle planet located in Hutt Space. It was the homeworld of the sentient Vodran species, along with dianogas, carnivorous cephalopods that spread themselves across the galaxy by climbing aboard starship bilges and stowing away in their garbage tanks. It was conquered by the Hutt Cartel, which was controlled by the Hutts from the neighboring world of Nal Hutta, who turned the Vodrans into slaves or vassals. Sometime later it was controlled by the First Order after the Hutt Clan abandoned the planet.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Vodran was first mentioned in Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope, a 1989 Star Wars Legends sourcebook cowritten by Michael Stern and Grant S. Boucher for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. It became canon when it was mentioned in Ultimate Star Wars, a canon reference book cowritten by Patricia Barr, Adam Bray, Daniel Wallace, and Ryder Windham that was released on April 28, 2015.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Join the Resistance (First appearance) (First pictured)
- Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran
- Join the Resistance: Attack on Starkiller Base (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu