- "Hang on, son! We'll move into the asteroid field. And we'll have a couple of surprises for him."
- ―Jango Fett
The Void-7 was a type of seismic charge that was manufactured and marketed by the Krupx Munitions corporation, and was considered to be the height of "seismic" weapon technology as of the years surrounding the Clone Wars.
- "They're rather useful for taking care of large groups of enemies."
Krupx Munitions' Void-7 seismic charge comprised a large, rounded canister containing a mix of unstable liquid baradium and volatile collapsium gas. This mix became supercharged by two electromagnetic exciter disks on either end of the weapon's core. Once released into space, these disks would infuse the core with energized impulses to excite the blended explosives. The Void-7's explosion was characterized by a powerful implosion followed by an expanding energy wave of massive power, enough to decimate large asteroids in the rings surrounding Geonosis. Only the Shields on a capital ship could protect against a Void-7 shock wave. The resulting explosion also temporarily cancels out sound before the shockwaves release a loud humming sound. The explosive mix within a Void-7 could be altered to produce a shock wave that caused less collateral damage than the baradium-collapsium mix.
|Seismic charge.ogg (info)|
|An exploding Void-7 seismic charge|
|Problems listening to the file? See media help.|
Jango Fett installed a Void-7 launcher aboard his starship, Slave I, prior to the First Battle of Geonosis. The seismic charges were held in place by magnetic clamps, and released through an airlock situated between the vessel's engines. He deployed a number of seismic charges against Obi-Wan Kenobi's Delta-7 interceptor over Geonosis, knowing the Void-7's erratic trajectory would be difficult to evade even for a Jedi. However, Kenobi was able to avoid two seismic charges, and both he and Fett ultimately survived their dogfight.
Some Delta-7 starfighters were also fitted with seismic charge launchers during the last decades of the Galactic Republic. Wedge Antilles reactivated a Delta-7 on Geonosis that had laid dormant since 22 BBY. During the fight to reach an orbital hyperspace ring, Antilles launched seismic charges at pursuing Imperial escort carriers.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Kinect Star Wars (As "Void 7 mine")
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike (As "sonic mine")
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "Void-7")
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – Slave I Expansion Pack (Card: )