The vornskr was a canine beast that could hunt using the Force.
The vornskr, native to the planet Myrkr, were a wild, vicious canine species that had the unusual ability to sense the Force. This ability evolved to help them hunt ysalamiri, but a side effect caused them to think that Force-sensitives were their favorite prey, including Jedi in their appetite.
To counteract this hunting method, the ysalamiri developed the ability to project a "Force bubble," inside which no Force abilities could be used.
Vornskrs were primarily nocturnal hunters, and used their whip-like, mildly venomous tails to stun prey before finishing it off with their teeth. They were normally sedate during the day, but hunger or other factors would drive them to hunt during daylight hours.
Tyber Zann was known to use such creatures within the Zann Consortium. After taking the younger vornskrs away, the pups were trained as effective hunters for enemy troops that managed to escape the confines of their imprisonment.
The smuggler Talon Karrde kept two vornskrs, Sturm and Drang, as pets and guard animals, and considered offering them for sale as guard animals. He discovered that cutting off their whip-like tails was similar to castration, since it removed most of their hunting aggression, a fact he detailed in an article published in the Galactic Zoology Monthly.
During the Peace Brigade attack on Yavin 4 during the Yuuzhan Vong War, Talon Karrde outsmarted the Peace Brigade by leading them into the hands of Kam Solusar and his wife Tionne. He achieved this by commanding his two vornskrs to find the Jedi and allowing the Peace Brigaders to follow the trail. Once he found the Jedi, the Peace Brigaders were effortlessly disposed of. During this pretended Jedi hunt, Talon Karrde convinced the Peace Brigaders into thinking that he was the owner of the last two remaining vornskrs. The Peace Brigaders seemed to believe him; however, the Yuuzhan Vong were informed by the traitorous New Republic Senator Viqi Shesh that the vornskrs hailed from Myrkr. The Yuuzhan Vong then used the species as a biological template for the voxyn.
- Knights of the Old Republic 5: Commencement, Part 5 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Boba Fett: Hunted
- (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy of Fear: The Brain Spiders
- Galaxy of Fear: The Doomsday Ship
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)
- Dark Force Rising
- The Last Command
- "Blaze of Glory"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8 (Mentioned only)
- Dark Forces: Rebel Agent
- Dark Apprentice (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- I, Jedi (Indirect mention only)
- "Two for One"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15 (Mentioned only)
- The New Rebellion
- Survivor's Quest (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- "ISB Intercepts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- "Shape-shifters"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 12
- Alien Anthology
- Star Wars Miniatures: Universe
- The Smuggler's Alliance"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- Welcome to the Jungle"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Threats of the Galaxy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force