- "[…] I had a vision centuries ago that Kamino would unwittingly create a clone army for the dark side."
- ―Kina Ha
Vorusku was a waterworld located within the Outer Rim Territories' Juris sector. It was the site of a volcano city as well as a floating bar named the Hyperdrive Cantina. The Kaminoan Jedi Kina Ha once lived on Vorusku. While there, she had a vision of the future in which the cloners of the planet Kamino would create an army for the dark side of the Force.
Following the Invasion of Naboo, the Vorusku crimelord Jalla Spree supplied the Blue Star Pirates gang with advanced weapons. The office of the Galactic Republic's Supreme Chancellor sent a group of individuals to discover the identity of the pirates' supplier. Following a trail of leads to Vorusku, the group eventually uncovered Spree's role in supplying the pirates.
Centuries before 19 BBY, Vorusku served as temporary residence for the unorthodox Kaminoan Jedi Kina Ha. During the Kaminoan's stay there, she experienced a vision of the future in which the cloners of Ha's homeworld of Kamino would unwittingly create an army of millions of clone soldiers for the dark side of the Force. In the Jedi's vision, the soldiers loaded their weapons and were ultimately led by the dark side. The vision haunted Ha, causing her to return to Kamino.
The Office of the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic recruited a group of individuals to discover the Blue Star Pirates' supplier. The group followed a lead to a hidden cove on a jungle planet, where the individuals fought a pair of Blue Star Pirates. After the fight, the group discovered on one of the pirates a datacard originating from the Hyperdrive Cantina on Vorusku.
Traveling to the water planet, the agents of the Supreme Chancellor's office investigated the cantina, asking questions about the pirate group. That resulted in a brawl between the agents and a group of four thugs working for Spree. When the investigators eventually defeated Spree's underlings, the latter revealed that Spree possibly had information regarding the weapons used by the Blue Star Pirates.
On their way to Spree's headquarters, the Republic agents were ambushed by a bounty hunter in a volcano city. After a difficult confrontation, the group of individuals proceeded to finally discover Spree's role in arming the Blue Star Pirates. While the group attempted to escape with that information, the crimelord sent out a destroyer droid to eliminate the individuals, which led to a fierce fight between the group and the droid in a cliffslide slaver camp.
Vorusku was the site of the floating bar named Hyperdrive Cantina as well as headquarters used by Jalla Spree. A volcano city was located at some point along the route between the two. There was also a cliffside slaver camp on Vorusku.
Behind the scenes
- "To create a bridge to the next encounter, you decide that one of the pirates has a datacard from the Hyperdrive Cantina on the water planet Vorusku—both names you've made up."
- ―Vorusku is introduced in an example roleplaying game adventure
Vorusku was introduced in Star Wars: Invasion of Theed Adventure Game, a 2000 roleplaying game set authored by Bill Slavicsek that served as an introduction to the Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Roleplaying Game. Vorusku was mentioned in the Invasion of Theed Adventure Game rulebook as an example of a world made up by the gamemaster for use in a randomized adventure within the game. This article assumes the given adventure idea plays out as described.
The existence of Vorusku within the Star Wars Legends continuity was confirmed by its mention in the 2004 Star Wars Roleyplaying Game sourcebook Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Vorusku system, and therefore the planet Vorusku, in grid square P-17.
- Star Wars: Invasion of Theed Adventure Game (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Vorusku system — Based on corresponding data for
- Star Wars: Invasion of Theed Adventure Game Rulebook
- In Imperial Commando: 501st, Kina Ha states that, centuries before the events of the novel, she had a vision depicting the creation of a Kaminoan clone army for the dark side of the Force. Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds states Ha had that vision while living on Vorusku, which means she lived on that planet centuries before the events of Imperial Commando: 501st.
- The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of Imperial Commando: 501st to 19 BBY.
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Imperial Commando: 501st
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Essential Atlas