- "Dorne's presence within the Imperial ship yards is enough to neutralize all the advantages our research and development has earned us in the past two years."
- ―Personal addendum by Airen Cracken, Wanted by Cracken
The Vosteltig ship yards were a ship-building facility located in the Vosteltig system, a part of the Oplovis sector in the New Territories portion of the Outer Rim Territories. In 7 ABY, the Galactic Empire maintained a high level of security at the shipyards, where the Sluissi engineer Ten Dorne, who had deserted from the Rebel Alliance years prior, was stationed.
That year, New Republic General Airen Cracken mentioned the Vosteltig ship yards in Wanted by Cracken, a datafile that served as a compilation of reports on various threats to that government. In a personal addendum to an entry dedicated to Dorne, Cracken noted the threat posed by the Sluissi's knowledge of New Republic military technology and the engineer's presence at the Imperial facility. Due to the shipyards' security, no attempt had been made by the New Republic to apprehend Dorne by that time.
Behind the scenes
- Wanted by Cracken (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Vosteltig system — Based on corresponding data for
- Wanted by Cracken
- Vosteltig system, and therefore the Vosteltig ship yards, in grid square M-5, which The Essential Atlas designates as part of the New Territories. places the
- Wanted by Cracken is dated to three years after the Battle of Endor. Since The New Essential Chronology dates that conflict to 4 ABY, the placement of the sourcebook translates to 7 ABY.