- "If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a Vote of No Confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."
- ―Queen Padmé Amidala
In the Senate of the Galactic Republic, a Vote of No Confidence was a voting process in which senators removed the Supreme Chancellor from office due to a lack of majority support. The Senate's Ethics Committee could force a Vote of No Confidence against fellow senators following an ethics investigation and censure. In 32 BBY, Chancellor Finis Valorum was removed from office through a vote of no confidence called by Queen Padmé Amidala due to his inadequate response to the invasion of Naboo by the Trade Federation.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Queen's Shadow (Indirect mention only)
- Queen's Shadow audiobook (Indirect mention only)
- ; image #1 (of 18)
- Rise of the Separatists
Notes and referencesEdit
- Motion of no confidence on Wikipedia