- "It's called Vrogas Vas. A barren world with no known native life forms. Though more than its share of gaseous surface emissions."
- ―Chelli Lona Aphra
Description[edit | edit source]
Vrogas Vas was a terrestrial planet which orbited at least one star. From space, Vrogas Vas appeared as a greenish-brown orb, surrounded by a blue nebula. Its surface was barren and inhospitable. Arid flats, gorges, and dunes composed its entire landscape and it was devoid of any noteworthy life except for non-native wasp-worms, which lived in hives underneath rocky outcroppings.
History[edit | edit source]
At some point prior to the Galactic Civil War, the Jedi Order established a temple on the planet. The temple was home to Jedi Master Phin-Law Wo for some period of time. By 0 ABY, the temple was in ruins. Wo recorded a holocron describing the temple, which was later discovered on Nar Shaddaa by Luke Skywalker. Prior to the Battle of Vrogas Vas, the Alliance to Restore the Republic established a refueling base on the planet.
In 0 ABY, Darth Vader crash-landed on the planet after engaging a large Rebel force. Vader's rival within the Empire, the Mon Calamari cyborg Karbin, had arranged for the Sith Lord to arrive at Vrogas Vas in order to eliminate him and advance himself. In the ensuing battle, Darth Vader, the planet's Rebel forces, and Karbin's Imperial contingent all engaged one another, resulting in Karbin's death and the Rebellion's retreat from the world.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Doctor Aphra: An Audiobook Original
- Star Wars 9 (First mentioned)
- Darth Vader 11 (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 12 (Mentioned only)
- Vader Down 1 (First appearance)
- Darth Vader 13
- Star Wars 13
- Darth Vader 14
- Star Wars 14
- Darth Vader 15
- Darth Vader 16 (Indirect mention only)
- Darth Vader 20 (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 25 (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 31 (Databank A-Z: Kaminoans–King Katuunko)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition