- "Name's Vulaada Klam—junkrunner."
- ―Vulaada Klam
Vulaada Klam was a young human female who lived in the lower levels of Milvayne with her qaberworm Gurtyl. When Chelli Aphra and 0-0-0 were thrown down from the upper level, they inquired to Klam on transport across the undercity. Klam agreed when Aphra offered to give over 0-0-0 at the end of the trip. However, as they traveled to their destination, they were attacked by the vigilante Tam Posla. Following the events on Milvayne, Klam began to travel with Aphra.
- "The family in the next tent at the processing center didn't like how Gurtyl smelled, so—"
"They snitched. And down you fell."
- ―Vulaada Klam and Chelli Aphra
Vulaada Klam moved to the planet Milvayne with her family and their qaberworm Gurtyl to escape the Galactic Civil War and the Rebellion. Her parents, though, had minor faults in their records. Another family living at the Milvayne processing center did not like the way gurtyl smelled and told the Milvayne Authority about the faulty records Klam's mother and father had. They were subsequently thrown down into the lower levels of Milvayne to join the other millions of unfortunate citizens. Her parents died in the fall, but Klam and Gurtyl survived, becoming scavengers to survive.
- "You get us where we want to go, if you have the slightest desire to be a thousand parsecs of this droid, he's all yours."
- ―Klam and Chelli Aphra
Sometime after the skirmish aboard Accresker Jail, Klam and Gurtyl were scavenging when they came across Chelli Aphra and the assassin droid 0-0-0, who had just come down from the upper level. Gurtyl held 0-0-0 in her mouth and Klam wanted to sell him for a barrel of scavstew. When she saw Aphra, she considered selling her to the cannibals in the undercity. Aphra pointed a blaster at them and Klam had Gurtyl free 0-0-0. Angry, 0-0-0 tried to kill Klam, but Aphra stopped him. Klam took the two back to her camp where they discussed their intentions. The pair wanted Klam to take them across the undercity on Gurtyl. She refused their offer of Milvayne credits but accepted when Aphra offered to give her 0-0-0 when they got to their destination.
They began traveling through the undercity and Klam explained to Aphra how she ended up being thrown down with Gurtyl. Their journey was cut short, however, when the vigilante Tam Posla attacked them, knocking the three off Gurtyl.
After Milvayne, Klam began to travel with Aphra.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Get rich. Save own skin. Damn everyone else."
- ―Klam, in tears, incapacitates Doctor Aphra
Vulaada Klam was a human female with light skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes. Her drive to survive in Milvayne's undercity led her to consider selling anything she found, including selling humans to cannibals.
- Doctor Aphra 27: Worst Among Equals, Part II (First appearance)
- Doctor Aphra 28: Worst Among Equals, Part III
- Doctor Aphra 29: Worst Among Equals, Part IV (Indirect mention only)
- Doctor Aphra 31: Worst Among Equals, Part VI
- Doctor Aphra 32: Unspeakable Rebel Superweapon, Part I
- Doctor Aphra 33: Unspeakable Rebel Superweapon, Part II
- Doctor Aphra 34: Unspeakable Rebel Superweapon, Part III
- Doctor Aphra 35: Unspeakable Rebel Superweapon, Part IV
- Doctor Aphra 36: Unspeakable Rebel Superweapon, Part V
- Doctor Aphra 37: A Rogue's End, Part I
- Doctor Aphra 38
- Doctor Aphra 40
- Empire Ascendant 1