During the Imperial era, Vulca Minerals was a major player in the meleenium trade. Each year, they sent a starship to the high-gravity planet of Af'El, the only known source of natural meleenium. They traded fresh foodstuffs to the native Defel in return for meleenium.
Vulca Minerals also managed yttrium mining in Guiteica. Ayla Shar worked with Vulca Minerals during this time. Due to the pushy attitude of Vulca, native Bitthævrians (particularly the m'Yalfor'ac Order) considered killing the team commander. Finally, it was decided that Bitthævrian-controlled Kadok Resources would manage all of Guiteica's exports.
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook (As "Vulca Minerals Corporation")
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races, Second Edition
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds