The Vulture's Claw was a GS-100 salvage ship owned by the Trandoshan scavenger Gha Nachkt. Following the Battle of Bothawui, Nachkt scavenged Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker's astromech droid, R2-D2, from the debris and stored him aboard the Vulture's Claw. Skywalker and his Padawan Ahsoka Tano visited Nachkt onboard his ship in search of the droid, but did not discover him and left shortly after fighting and destroying two IG-86 sentinel droids. Nachkt would later deliver R2 to General Grievous and the Separatists at Skytop Station.
The ship was dirty and had an unpleasant smell. It featured a large hold filled with containers from various salvages as well as multiple IG-86 sentinel droids.
Behind the scenes
The Vulture's Claw first appeared in "Downfall of a Droid," the sixth episode of the first season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series,which was released on November 7, 2008. It was first identified by that episode's guide on StarWars.com.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- (First identified as Vulture's Claw)
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 62 (Starship Fact File: Gha Nachkt's Vulture's Claw)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- "R2-D2" – Star Wars Encyclopedia