Vurks were the predominant sentient species of the planet Sembla. They were tall, amphibious humanoids with bulbous dark eyes and sweeping head crests. Their hands and feet had three digits each, one of which was opposable. They had distinguishing gray-green, leathery skin.
Biology and appearance
Society and culture
Young Vurk males were married off by their parents; those who failed to marry before reaching adulthood remained bachelors for the rest of their lives.
Vurk in the galaxy
The Vurk Coleman Trebor defied the cultural norm and went on to become a Jedi Master and Jedi High Council member who fought and died during the First Battle of Geonosis after being shot by bounty hunter Jango Fett. Another Vurk, Senator Sweitt Concorkill, accompanied Supreme Chancellor Palpatine to a performance of Squid Lake at the Galaxies Opera House during the Clone Wars.
Behind the scenes
The Vurk's protruding head crest is similar in appearance to the head crest of the hadrosaurid Parasaurolophus.
MAD Magazine satirically referred to the Vurk as "shoehorns".
- Jedi Quest: The False Peace
- (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- "Death in the Catacombs" – Star Wars Insider 79 (Mentioned only)
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Crimson Empire III: Empire Lost 1
- "Who's Who in the Jedi Order" – Star Wars Insider 62
- "Who's Who in the Delegation of 2000" – Star Wars Insider 85
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Star Wars: The Official Figurine Collection 54
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force