WED Treadwells were flexible class 2 utility and repair droids. Standing at around a meter tall, they came in a range of models, but all had a flat, wide treaded base, a spindly, telescopic stalk, upon which was mounted binocular visual sensors. WEDs also had a cluster of arms tipped with various tools, which could be purchased separately. Treadwells were used to repair ships, machinery, and other droids, but were relativity fragile and required frequent maintenance. Despite this, they had the ability to keep working at optimal capacity until they were destroyed.
There were four known models:
- WED-15 Treadwell droid
- WED-15 Septoid Treadwell
- WED 15 "Septoid 2" Treadwell toolkit droid
- WED-15-XT Treadwell droid
WED Treadwells were used by both sides of the Galactic Civil War; the Galactic Empire used them to repair their turrets and structures, while the Alliance to Restore the Republic used them to make field repairs to vehicles in the heat of combat.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 21 (Secrets of Spaceflight: Maintenance Bays)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Builders: Droids
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 10 (Droid Directory: WED Treadwell Droid Series)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Droidography
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 70 (Databank A-Z: Wicket Warrick–Weequay)
- Rise of the Separatists (Picture only)
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (Picture only)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Practical"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- The Star Wars Book
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Making of Season Two
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian - The Art & Imagery Collector's Edition, Volume Two
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Handbook
- (Picture only)