WED Treadwells were flexible class 2 utility and repair droids. Standing at around a meter tall, they came in a range of models, but all had a flat, wide treaded base, a spindly, telescopic stalk, upon which was mounted binocular visual sensors. WEDs also had a cluster of arms tipped with various tools, which could be purchased separately. Treadwells were used to repair ships, machinery, and other droids, but were relativity fragile and required frequent maintenance. Despite this, they had the ability to keep working at optimal capacity until they were destroyed.
There were three known models:
WED Treadwells were used by both sides of the Galactic Civil War; the Galactic Empire used them to repair their turrets and structures, while the Alliance to Restore the Republic used them to make field repairs to vehicles in the heat of combat.
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Builders: Droids
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Droidography
- (Picture only)