During the days of the Galactic Republic, Blissex designed the Victory-class Star Destroyer for Rendili StarDrive. Most importantly, however, he was the mind behind both the Delta-7 Aethersprite-class "Jedi starfighter" and the Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing starfighter, that would be the predecessor of the Empire's TIE Fighter.
Later, Blissex sided with the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War. He helped Jan Dodonna modify the R-22 Spearhead into the fast, nimble A-wing starfighter. For this service to the Rebellion, he was made an honorary general. Blissex later designed the Republic-class Star Destroyer for the New Republic.
Engineering aptitude ran in the Blissex family. His daughter, Lira Wessex, was responsible for the Venator-class Star Destroyer, the Imperial-class Star Destroyer, and the Executor-class Star Dreadnought. Ironically, the Executor was destroyed when one of the A-wings designed by her father rammed its bridge.
- Imperial Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Classic Adventures: Volume Five
- Crisis on Cloud City
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 121
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 130
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: General Walex Blissex)