It was part of the task force, led by the Imperial-class Star Destroyer Invincible, during Operation Strike Fear. While mustering in the Dellalt system it was identified by a Rebel reconnaissance mission flown by Keyan Farlander in a lone R-22 Spearhead. It was supported by a group of three CR90 corvettes designated 427.
The Warspite also used a devastating jump-and-drop attack on medical ships rendezvousing after the Battle of Brigia. Several shuttles, along with the CR90 corvette Korolev were transferring wounded personnel to the EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigate Redemption. The Warspite dropped out of hyperspace and launched TIE Series fighters. It then jumped to hyperspace again, emerging on the other side of the transfer and launching more fighters. The defending Rebel X-wings had moved to intercept the first wave and were out of position for the second wave. However, the pilots of Red Squadron, particularly Keyan Farlander, were able to evade the TIE/LN starfighters long enough to destroy both waves of TIE/sa bombers and all Rebel ships escaped successfully. Even so, the tactic earned the Warspite a notoriety among future Alliance pilots who would all have to face a training scenario based on the mission, which was considered nearly impossible to beat.
Later, some captured Sullustan technical staff were being transferred to the Warspite and the Nebulon-B frigate Negra Star for transportation to Coruscant. The Alliance decided to mount a rescue operation and sent a lone Y-wing, flown by Keyan Farlander, to identify which transports were carrying the Sullustans and to disable them. Farlander then fought TIEs launched from the nearby frigates while Rebel transports rescued the prisoners.
The Warspite was painted dark gray and marked with a large black Imperial emblem on each side of the bow of each ship. Although equipped with turbolaser batteries, its target accuracy was extremely poor.
Behind the scenesEdit
HMS Warspite was the name of nine ships of the British Royal Navy, including one of the most famous British battleships.
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Base Set (Card: Warspite Nebulon-B escort frigate)
- X-Wing: The Official Strategy Guide
- X-Wing Collector's CD-ROM: The Official Strategy Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Base Set (Card: Warspite Nebulon-B escort frigate)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 38
- ↑ Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Base Set (Card: Warspite Nebulon-B escort frigate)