- "You can drink it. Or boil it and it's a sterlizing agent. Frozen, it preserves food or acts as a hammer or weapon. You can drown someone in it. Water can loosen tongues—many effective interrogation techniques utilize water. Everything is a resource."
- ―Ellian Zahra, Lieutenant Commander of the Galactic Empire
Water was a liquid necessary for most life forms, whether animal or vegetal, sentient or non-sentient. Many planets such as Kamino, Mon Cala, Trask, and Quila were covered in oceans of water and many species, including the Mon Calamari, Quarren, and Gungans, evolved on, under, and around water. Frozen water was known as ice. According to the Resistance spy Vi Moradi, a human would die after a couple of days without water, though she managed to survive after going three days without water on one occasion.
On arid worlds like Tatooine, moisture farmers used vaporators to collect water from the atmosphere. The Tusken Raiders of Tatooine believed that all water was sacred and promised to them, resulting in them raiding local moisture farms set up by colonists. Indeed, water was more valuable than gold in Tatooine. On Jakku, another desert world, water was a precious commodity and was sold by the junk dealer Unkar Plutt, along with dehydrated rations which could be activated by it.
- LEGO Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Dealing with Lando/Han and Chewie Strike Back"
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back
- "The Dragonsnake Saves R2-D2"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Resistance Racer
- The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special