- "See, I'm flesh and blood, just like you."
- ―Waxer, to Numa
"Waxer" was the nickname of a clone trooper who served in Ghost Company, a military unit of the Grand Army of the Republic. During the Clone Wars against the Separatist Alliance, he fought in the Battle of Ryloth and the Second Battle of Genosis alongside fellow 212th trooper Boil. Waxer would later serve as a platoon leader, with the rank of Clone Lieutenant during the Battle of Umbara, where he was killed in a friendly-fire incident orchestrated by the Jedi General Pong Krell who had turned to the dark side of the Force.
Waxer was a clone of the bounty hunter, Jango Fett, and was a soldier in the Grand Army of the Republic. He served as part of Ghost Company, and in the company he was alongside fellow clone trooper Boil.
The Clone WarsEdit
Battle of RylothEdit
- "Aw, you made a friend. Mission accomplished."
- ―Boil, to Waxer, regarding Numa
Waxer then went with Cody, Wooley, and Boil to scout ahead. After he and Boil went their way, they came across a little Twi'lek girl named Numa. He gave Numa a ration bar before a probe droid came across them. Waxer and Boil then went to Numa's home and comforted her until they received a signal from Commander Cody. As they Numa with her, Waxer, Boil, and Numa then came under attack from a pair of Gutkurrs.
Waxer and the others were then able to escape using tunnels under Numa's home. Waxer then met up with Cody, Kenobi, and the rest of Ghost Company. He then told Kenobi and Cody that he and Boil were sidetracked by Numa. However, Waxer told Kenobi that she knew her ways around the tunnels underneath Nabat. Waxer, alongside Boil, then went with Kenobi and Numa to the six J-1 semi-autonomous proton cannon emplacements in the town square. As TX-20 and his troops attacked Cody's men, Waxer, Boil, and Kenobi were able to free the Twi'lek hostages. Waxer then assisted Kenobi in commandeering one of the cannons, loading it with Boil. Despite destroying the cannons, Waxer, Boil and,Kenobi were then knocked out by TX-20's AAT. However, they were saved when the Twi'leks ripped TX-20 apart. Waxer then rejoined the rest of Ghost Company and Windu's forces. He then said goodbye to Numa.
Second Battle of GeonosisEdit
Waxer then took part in the Republic's retaking of Geonosis, donning ARF trooper armor. On the side of his helmet, there is a small drawing of Numa. He then went with Kenobi and Cody to secure the landing area. Waxer and Boil were then sent to rescue Kenobi and any survivors in a downed gunship. Waxer and Boil were then able to find Kenobi and Trapper.
Battle of UmbaraEdit
Waxer then went with Kenobi's and Cody's forces to take the capital city of Umbara, where he served as platoon leader of a platoon, with the rank of Clone Lieutenant. He was then contacted by Jedi General Pong Krell and was deceived into leading his platoon to ambush Umbarans who looked like Captain Rex and his men. Rex was told that the Umbarans looked like Waxer and were wearing clone armor. Both were tricked by Krell but Rex realized they all were clones and managed to stop the fight. Waxer was shot during the attack. He spoke with Rex, telling him that it was General Krell who told them to attack. A tear rolled down his face as he drew his final breath and died from his wounds.
Personality and traitsEdit
Waxer was a caring person, as shown on Ryloth. He, along with Boil, helped care for the displaced Twi'lek girl Numa. He later helped Numa find her parents, and grew rather attached to the young Twi'lek.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events "Prisoners" and "Crisis on Naboo" to 20 BBY. As the episode "The General" takes place between the two episodes according to , Waxer's death must take place in that year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell" exhibits Waxer as being the platoon leader of a platoon. According to Star Wars: Complete Locations, platoons in the Grand Army of the Republic were led by a Clone Lieutenant. Therefore, Waxer must have been a lieutenant during the events of the episode.