- "After studying our technology for a thousand years inside the Waymancy Hollow, the Sisters of the Machinesmith had improved on our designs in nearly every way."
- ―Supreme Chancellor Nagratha
The Waymancy Hollow was a region that existed in the time leading up to 7811 BBY. It shared its name with the Inner Rim's Waymancy system as well as the object known as the Waymancy bridal seat.
For a millennium, the group known as the Sisters of the Machinesmith, based inside the Waymancy Hollow, studied and improved upon Galactic Republic technology, such as weapons and starship power generators. In 7811 BBY, the Republic established first contact with warships associated with the Waymancy Hollow. The encounter, which proved to be disastrous for Republic naval forces, led to the conflict known as the Waymancy Storm, waged between the Republic and the Signatories of Waymancy in several star systems in the Northern Dependencies portion of the Inner Rim and the Expansion Region. At a speech delivered on the 25th anniversary of Victory in the Waymancy Storm in 7786 BBY, the Republic's Supreme Chancellor Nagratha mentioned the Waymancy Hollow in a brief recount of the history of the conflict.
Behind the scenes
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Waymancy Storm occurred. The Essential Guide to Warfare places all of the corresponding star systems in an area of space The Essential Atlas identifies as part of the Northern Dependencies portion of the Inner Rim and the Expansion Region. notes several astronomical objects at which battles and other events of the