- "You betrayed this family the moment you went out there and you became a rebel-lover. Joining the star-damned terrorists like they're some sort of freedom fighters instead of…instead of the criminals that they are!"
"They're not terrorists. They started out as an alliance of resistance, but now they're a legitimate government, Webb. They're the real deal. The Empire's days are done."
- ―Webb Taffral and Dav Taffral
Webb Taffral was a male individual who was loyal to the Galactic Empire, despite having failed out of the Imperial Academy. He was the older brother of Dav Taffral, who had joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Months after the Battle of Endor, Webb was present at the Taffral home on the planet Saleucami for a family dinner with his father, Glen Taffral, and Dav, who had recently returned from his service with the Rebel Alliance. Webb gave up his brother's location to Imperial forces, prompting his father to stun him with a blaster.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "You gave me up."
"The Empire pays to give up rebel scum."
- ―Dav Taffral and Webb Taffral
Webb Taffral was an Imperial loyalist and attended the Imperial Academy. However, he failed out of the institution and, by the rebellion on Akiva in 4 ABY, had taken up residence in the Taffral home on the planet Saleucami. His father, farmer Glen Taffral, lived there with him, while his mother had died by that point. Prior to the events on Akiva, his younger brother, Dav Taffral, joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic and later became a member of the nascent New Republic.
Webb was not enthused when Dav returned to their Saleucami home months after the Battle of Endor. His loyalty to the Empire led him to inform Imperial forces of his brother's location. During their family dinner, they ate in relative silence, until Dav asked for a food dish to be passed to him. Webb refused to comply, insulting his younger brother's rebel affiliation. An argument ensued between them, which quickly turned into a brawl. Webb attacked Dav first but was drunk on koja-rum and unable to land the first blow. Their scuffle was stalled by their father throwing a salad bowl at the wall. Glen ordered them to sit and explained that, in the end, the side they should pick is family because governments would come and go.
Glen was soon interrupted by the sound of TIE fighters arriving over the Taffral home. Webb's face showing guilt, he revealed that he had given up Dav's location to the Empire. Glen quickly stunned him with a blaster, and he cried out as his face landed in a bowl of mashed chokeroot.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
- "And why's your nose so far up the Empire's can, anyway? You failed out of the Academy. They beat your hide senseless day in and day out."
"Made me a better man."
- ―Dav Taffral and Webb Taffral
Webb was loyal to the Empire and felt that his time at the Academy had made him a better man. His loyalties put him at odds with his brother, Dav, who was affiliated with the Rebel Alliance, a revolutionary organization that Webb considered to be full of terrorists. Webb's short temper caused him to argue with his brother, leading to a brawl in which Webb attacked first. His flung insults at Dav through his rage, further fueled by his drunkenness on koja-rum. Webb's loyalty to the Empire led him to give up Dav's location to Imperial forces, though he felt regret and guilt when the Empire arrived.
Webb had a broad-shouldered, full-chested figure and a round belly. His hairline was trimmed close to the scalp, similar to that of his father, Glen. Compared to Webb, Dav appeared lean and scruffy.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Aftermath (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath audiobook)
- Aftermath audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the reunion of Norra Wexley and Temmin Wexley on Akiva—which occurs during the rebellion on Akiva, according to Aftermath—to thirty years before the Hosnian Cataclysm, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Aftermath also establishes that the Taffral family dinner happens concurrent to the rebellion on Akiva; therefore, both events must take place in 4 ABY.