- "It was right there on the Endor moon after everything. We had a small ceremony, just those we trust. We don't keep it secret, but we didn't make it public, either."
- ―Leia Organa, about her wedding
The wedding of Han Solo and Leia Organa took place on Endor in 4 ABY following the Rebel Alliance's victory over the Galactic Empire during the Battle of Endor. As a wedding gift to Organa, Solo reconfigured the crew quarters of his starship, the Millennium Falcon, to include a galley. The two eventually had a son, whom they named Ben Solo. After losing their son to the dark side of the Force both spouses went separate ways. Although they still loved each other and remained husband and wife, Organa and Solo did not see each other for many years, until the Cold War briefly reunited them on D'Qar.
Behind the scenesEdit
Jason Fry, author of The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections, explained the notion Han Solo built a galley as a wedding present was to provide an in-universe rationale for the Millennium Falcon's new layout in the film, and to canonize the ship's galley. "Floor plans of the Falcon from the early days of Star Wars publishing included a galley, but there isn't one in recent original-trilogy diagrams of the ship," he said. Fry's explanation was made in response to criticism that Han's present for his wife would be a kitchen reinforced gender stereotypes. Apologizing, he said he imagined "it was a gift from Han meant as a humorous make-do for months of terrible food, and an awkward attempt at making his rusty, decrepit home a bit more welcoming."
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Force Collector (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First mentioned, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections (First mentioned, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary)
- Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the wedding of Han Solo and Leia Organa to thirty years before the "Starkiller Incident", which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. From this it can be deduced that the wedding took place in 4 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- ↑ DVD Monthly magazine, July 2006 (page 30)