The wet-weather gear stormtrooper, with those stationed on Mimban called the Mimban Stormtrooper, was a variant of the Galactic Empire's standard stormtrooper. Some were part of the 224th Imperial Armored Division on Mimban, a mining planet located in the Expansion Region. Owing to the planet's swampy environment, their armor was heavily customized to allow for optimal operation. Compared to standard stormtrooper armor, theirs had additional space between plates at the shoulders, hips, and knees, allowing for a greater range of movement.
Wet-weather gear stormtroopers were armed with E-11 blaster rifles, and some were equipped or customized their armor with bandoliers. They wore waterproof capes, known as slicks which were necessary for wading through the swamplands of Mimban during the Mimban Campaign waged by the Galactic Empire roughly ten years before the Battle of Yavin.
Behind the scenes
Wet-weather gear stormtroopers first appeared in the 2018 Star Wars Anthology film Solo: A Star Wars Story. The long rubberized coats that the stormtroopers wore were actually the same coats previously used by the stormtroopers patrolling Jedha City from the 2016 Anthology film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars Insider 181
- Solo: A Star Wars Story – The Official Collector's Edition (First identified as wet-weather gear stormtrooper)
- The Art of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- (First identified as Mimban Stormtrooper)
- "Han Solo" – Star Wars Encyclopedia