Biology and appearance[edit | edit source]
Whiphids were tall, bulky bipeds covered in long, coarse fur which made up shaggy fur coats that protected the species from the freezing weather of their ice and snow habitat. The Whiphid face, which featured retractable eyes, bowed cheekbones and a prominent forehead, was mostly hairless. Two large, up-turned ivory tusks sprouted from the lower jaw. Younglings were much less hairy than their elders. One particular individual, an adult male named J'Quille, stood two meters tall. Their ivory tusks were a desirable material in the galaxy.
Whiphids in the galaxy[edit | edit source]
During the Galactic Civil War, the Whiphid crime lady Valarian operated on Tatooine, in the Outer Rim Territories. Her lover, a fellow Whiphid named J'Quille, infiltrated the palace of her rival, Jabba the Hutt.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Master & Apprentice (Mentioned only) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Darth Vader 1
- Choose Your Destiny: An Escape Mission
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Galaxy's Edge 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Expert Guide
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 72 (Helmets: In Pictures) (Picture only)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Making of Season Two
- (First identified as Whiphid)