It was equipped with a hyperdrive, life support, and food processor. A rear airlock could be used for egress into space. It was also equipped with safety protocols to prevent the pilot from taking certain risky or dangerous actions, though these could be disengaged at the pilot's discretion.
The Graf family used it during their cartography journeys during the Clone Wars. Their children Lina and Milo Graf were both born and reared aboard that shuttle. The shuttle shared its name with an avian creature native to Yavin 4.
After the parents were abducted by the Empire, the children piloted it away from the planet Auric had jokingly named "Graf-World". The two kids, along with Morq and CR-8R, continued to use the vessel during their search for the parents. It was ambushed by disgraced Imperial Navy Captain Visler Korda and the droid RX-48 aboard the stolen scout ship Star Herald over Xala's moon. The Whisper Bird landed on a geyser on the ice moon, where it then sunk through the ice, causing irreparable damage to all systems. The Graf kids were ultimately able to escape and steal the Star Herald themselves.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape (First appearance)
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Snare
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Nest
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Dark (Mentioned only)
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Adventures in Wild Space: The Snare
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
- ↑ In Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal, Ezra Bridger is an infant. Since Ezra was born on the first Empire Day (which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas cites as 19 BBY), the Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space series (the books of which take place in close proximity to each other) must be set around 18 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars