- "Whistling birds are a powerful defense against multiple enemies. Use them sparingly, for they are rare."
- ―The Armorer
A whistling bird was a type of weapon used by Mandalorians. Made of beskar steel, they were small guided munitions placed in Mandalorian vambraces which, when deployed, flew through the air while making a whistling noise before striking the target and killing them with a small explosion.
Around 9 ABY, a Mandalorian known as "The Armorer" made whistling birds for the Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin. He subsequently used whistling birds to kill four stormtroopers simultaneously during a mission to rescue "The Child" on Nevarro. He later used several whistling birds during a scuffle with the Devaronian mercenary Burg, but failed to land a single projectile. In 35 ABY, the bounty hunter Carib Diss wore a Mandalorian rocket gauntlet equipped with whistling birds while residing on Kijimi.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 3: The Sin" (First appearance)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 6: The Prisoner"
- The Mandalorian Season Two
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The Mandalorian – "Chapter 3: The Sin"
- ↑ The Mandalorian is set about five years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. Therefore, the events of The Mandalorian must have taken place around 9 ABY. establishes that
- ↑ The Mandalorian – "Chapter 6: The Prisoner"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker occur thirty five years after the Battle of Yavin. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Yavin to 0 BBY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker, which includes Diss's appearance, must occur in 35 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ The Mandalorian Media Kit. Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International. The Walt Disney Company. Archived from the original on February 3, 2020. Retrieved on February 3, 2020.