- "Unless you call off your troops right now, I will have no choice but to destroy you!"
- ―Whorm Loathsom, to Obi-Wan Kenobi
Whorm Loathsom was a male Kerkoiden general for the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. He served during the Battle of Christophsis. Prior to joining the Separatists, Loathsom had a long history of military service to the planetary defense forces of Kerkoidia.
Behind the scenesEdit
Whorm Loathsom was voiced by Corey Burton in the 2008 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film. Burton also provided the voice of Count Dooku and Ziro Desilijic Tiure in the same film and later went to voice both Dooku and Ziro in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series. The character of Loathsom was based on concept art for a Neimoidian baron trader that was drawn by illustrator and art director Doug Chiang during production for Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace.
According to editor Dave Filoni and writer Henry Gilroy during an interview with TheForce.net, when they were asked if Whorm Loathsom was set to return in some episodes of the series, while both Gilroy and Filoni stated that there were plans to include Loathsom in the now non-canonical Star Wars: The Clone Wars comic book series which ultimately never materialized, they hinted that there was a possibility to bring back him in further seasons as well that the then-upcoming episode "The Hidden Enemy" was to feature Loathsom revealing the backstory of his plans with Asajj Ventress before The Clone Wars film. However, plans to bring back Loathsom were not fulfilled before the show's cancellation.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" (Appears on viewscreen)
- ; image #11
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ; image #2