- "Lieutenant, watch those pinnacles in Widow's Valley. They're unstable."
- ―Palmer, to Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes
Widow's Valley was a basin located near the capital city of Theed on the planet Naboo. Several pinnacles could be found there, and a canyon was at one end. In 32 BBY, the valley was along the path taken by the Trade Federation's Army C, and the convoy was attacked by Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes of the Royal Naboo Security Forces while in Widow's Valley.
Widow's Valley was a canyon on the planet Naboo, located near the capital city of Theed. Tall, stone pillars were interspersed throughout the valley, and a bridge over a steep canyon laid at one end of the valley.
The pillars were considered to be unstable and were knocked down during a battle involving the Trade Federation Droid Army near the end of the Invasion of Naboo in 32 BBY. Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes of the Royal Naboo Security Forces used the fallen pillars to delay Federation Army C, while thermal detonators were placed on the bridge to prevent the convoy from passing through to the battle raging on the Great Grass Plains. Sykes delayed the convoy long enough for the detonators to be placed, but they subsequently failed to activate. Sykes used the proton bombs in his bomber to manually discharge the detonators, destroying the bridge and thereby stopping the convoy. Sykes also bombed the laser turrets which had been placed in the valley.
Behind the scenesEdit
Widow's Valley appears during a mission in the 2000 video game Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo, in which the player flies as Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes. The objective of the mission is to stop the convoy, so it is not necessary to destroy the pillars if the player can destroy the convoy vehicles first. If the vehicles reach the end of the bridge before the detonators go off, the mission will end in failure. To detonate the bomb, the player has the option of dropping bombs or using lasers. Also, if playing through the level after the first time, the player can choose to fly in a variety of craft. The article assumes the player uses the proton bombs to complete the objective.
- Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo refers to its events taking place during the Invasion of Naboo. The New Essential Chronology establishes on page 40 that the invasion happens in 32 BBY.
- ↑ The events in this article were given an indirect mention in the The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels in the entry for the Battle of Naboo.