- "This is Admiral Wieler on the Resilient, calling General Plo…an enemy starship has entered the system. All fighters – that vessel must not reach the surface!"
- ―Admiral Wieler, during the Battle of Khorm
Wieler was a Human male admiral who served in the Republic Navy during the Clone Wars. In 22 BBY, Wieler and his battle group, including Wieler's flagship, the Star Destroyer Resilient, were paired with Jedi Generals Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, and Tauht. The task force was ordered to free the planet Khorm, in order to obtain the valuable agrocite mineral that was found there. After the initial Republic ground troops landed, the Separatist forces on Khorm used a weather-control station to create a storm that prevented the Republic from sending more reinforcements to the planet, leaving Wieler to set up a blockade of Khorm. Sometime later, a Separatist ship piloted by the Dark Jedi Asajj Ventress broke through the blockade and was able to reach the surface, despite Wieler's attempts to stop it. Later, the Jedi were able to destroy the weather-control station, allowing Wieler to send in more reinforcements, which helped the Republic to win the battle.
- "The storm is breaking up!"
- ―A subordinate and Wieler, after the storm breaks up
Wieler was a Human male who lived during the waning days of the Galactic Republic. During the Clone Wars, Wieler served in the Republic Navy as an admiral on his flagship, the Venator-class Star Destroyer Resilient. In 22 BBY, Wieler's fleet was dispatched to free the planet Khorm from Separatist control and secure the valuable agrocite mineral deposits found on the world. The Republic ground forces were led by Jedi Generals Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, and Tauht, while Wieler was in command of the Republic Navy task force in orbit above Khorm. The Separatists, however, had built a weather-control station, which created a storm in the atmosphere of Khorm, preventing the Republic from using air support. Nevertheless, the Republic ground forces were able to land, and the Jedi-led clone troopers soon captured an enemy agrocite processing facility.
Meanwhile, the Separatist Dark Jedi Asajj Ventress arrived in orbit above Khorm in her starship, the Trident, to assist the Confederate ground forces. Wieler contacted Koon and ordered two V-19 Torrent starfighters to prevent the Trident from making it to the planet. However, the storm opened for Ventress' ship to pass but immediately closed when the Republic fighters went in, and both fighters were destroyed. Wieler contacted Koon via a hologram and told the Jedi Master that the storm had recovered to full strength and that the atmospheric distortion was close to the Jedi's primary objective: the main Separatist base. After a while, the Jedi were able to destroy the weather-control station, and Wieler immediately dispatched reinforcements to the planet, which rescued the Republic force from being routed. Although the Republic had taken severe losses, they were able to win the battle and secure the agrocite mines.
Personality and traits
- "The enemy got through and …the storm re-formed to full strength. Our fighters were lost. The atmospheric distortion is centered near your primary objective."
- ―Admiral Wieler briefs Jedi Generals Koon and Fisto
Wieler gave his Jedi officers a brief statement when Ventress broke his blockade, and the information about the atmospheric distortion was helpful for the ground forces. Although he tried his best, Wieler was unable to prevent Ventress from reaching the surface of Khorm. When the storm finally broke up, he quickly launched reinforcements, which arrived just in time to rescue the scattered Republic troops. Wieler had brown hair, brown eyes, and light skin.
Behind the scenes
Wieler first appeared in the first two issues of the 2009 In Service of the Republic story arc of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars comic series. In Service of the Republic was written by Henry Gilroy and Steven Melching, and illustrated by Scott Hepburn.
Notes and references
- The Clone Wars 7
- The Essential Reader's Companion dates the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film to 22 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 8 (22 BBY 101–102, Spying for the Senate) dates "Senate Spy" to late 22 BBY. Since places "Holocron Heist" between The Clone Wars film and "Senate Spy," it can be concluded that "Holocron Heist" also takes place in 22 BBY. Furthermore, since Star Wars: The Clone Wars: In Service of the Republic takes place shortly prior to "Holocron Heist," In Service of the Republic can also be dated to 22 BBY.
- The Clone Wars 8
- The Clone Wars 9