Will Scotian was a human male who served the Alliance to Restore the Republic as a pilot during the Galactic Civil War against the Galactic Empire. In the year 3 ABY, he was among the rebel forces stationed in Echo Base on the planet Hoth when it came under attack by the Empire. Scotian lent over the laser cannon of an X-wing starfighter while listening a briefing by Princess Leia Organa in Echo Base's hangar where she explained that the pilots present would be responsible for escorting the rebel GR-75 medium transports past the Imperial fleet above Hoth. The rebels of Echo Base then managed to successfully escape from the Empire, although not without casualties. Scotian had brown hair and fair skin and wore an orange flight suit on Hoth.
Behind the scenesEdit
Will Scotian's first appearance in canon was in the 1980 film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, although he was not named in it. The character's name was established in canon by the LEGO Ultimate Collector's Series Snowspeeder set released in 2017.
In the Star Wars Legends continuity, Scotian first appeared in the 1996 novel Shadows of the Empire by Steve Perry, with his surname being established in the Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook written by Peter M. Schweighofer and released in the same year. The character was retroactively established as one of the pilots in The Empire Strikes Back by the Rogues Gallery section of Star Wars Insider 146, which was released in December 2013.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ultimate Collector's Series (Set: 75144 Snowspeeder)
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the events of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back take place in 3 ABY.
- ↑ Shadows of the Empire
- ↑ Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- ↑ "Rogues Gallery: Clearance for Immediate Launch"—Star Wars Insider 146