- "Attention. This is Lando Calrissian, attention. The Empire has taken control of the city, I advise everyone to leave before more Imperial troops arrive."
- ―Lando Calrissian, warning the residents of Cloud City
Willrow Hood was a human male who was a resident of Cloud City during the reign of the Galactic Empire. In 3 ABY, after Imperial forces took control of the city, Hood participated in the city's evacuation.
Willrow Hood was a human male who was present aboard the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Harbinger when it was hijacked by the Rebel Alliance in the year 0 ABY. For fear that the overloaded reactor might explode, the admiral in command of the Harbinger ordered the passengers and crew to abandon ship before the Rebels set foot aboard it. Along with stormtroopers and technicians, Hood rushed to a hangar for evacuation.
In 3 ABY, Hood was on Cloud City, in the atmosphere of Bespin, when the Galactic Empire took up occupation of it. As Baron Administrator Lando Calrissian informed the platform's citizens of the takeover, causing many to attempt to flee, Hood ran through the city's corridors and passed by Calrissian and his Rebel allies Princess Leia Organa, Chewbacca, C-3PO and R2-D2 as they made their own escape.
During the Imperial blockade of the Anoat sector in 4 ABY, however, Hood was still on Cloud City. Months into the blockade, he was occasionally seen at the Paradise Atrium, an upper-class lounge owned by Voras the Hutt, leader of the criminal Ivax Syndicate.
Behind the scenesEdit
Willrow Hood first appeared as an extra in the film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, released on May 21, 1980. The character was initially identified by the Legends Star Wars Customizable Card Game released in 1997, with his name being brought into canon by the Star Wars: Card Trader video game. Based on the ice cream maker-like prop Hood carries in the film, he is often known to fans as "Ice Cream Guy," "Ice Cream Maker Guy," or "Ice Cream Man".
- Star Wars 22: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part II
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Card Trader (First identified as Willrow Hood)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars 22: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part II
- ↑ The Last Flight of the Harbinger takes place shortly after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, in the aftermath of the Battle of Yavin, but the exact date is currently unknown.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ Star Wars Year By Year: A Visual History, Updated and Expanded Edition
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Cloud City Limited (Card: Tibanna Gas Miner)
- ↑ Captain Yosarrian's blog on Starwars.com
- ↑ "The Ultimate Empire Strikes Back Insider's Guide"—Star Wars Insider 49