Windu's Guile was a rare variant type of Hurrikaine crystal that was named in honor of Jedi Master Mace Windu, a member of the Jedi Council during the last years of the Galactic Republic. Such crystals were violet in color and could be used in the construction of a lightsaber, the traditional weapon of the Jedi Order. During the Galactic Civil War, crystals of the Windu's Guile variety were used by Force-sensitives fighting for both the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire.
Windu's Guile was a variant type of Hurrikaine crystal, a type of crystal that was given to a young Jedi Padawan named Mace Windu by the natives of the planet Hurikane after Windu healed one of them. The crystals were polyhedral in structure, had facets of differing size and shape, and could be found as large as an individual's fist. Windu's Guile crystals were violet–colored. The crystals could be used in the construction of a lightsaber—the traditional weapon of the Jedi Order of Force-sensitive peacekeepers—and produced a brilliant violet–colored blade. A Force-sensitive individual could tune the crystal for use in lightsaber construction. The tuning process caused it to become a focusing crystal that could only be effectively used in a lightsaber constructed by the individual who tuned it.
The rare Hurrikaine crystal variant known as Windu's Guile was named to honor Mace Windu, who had gone on to become a Jedi Master and a member of the Jedi Council during the final years of the Galactic Republic. The crystals were found in the galaxy during the Galactic Civil War, which was fought between the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Windu's Guile Hurrikaine crystal variant first appeared in Star Wars Galaxies, a 2003 MMORPG produced by Sony Online Entertaiment, prior to the game's closure on December 15, 2011. In the game, when the crystal was installed in a lightsaber, it gave the weapon a cold damage bonus.
Originally, the crystals were only available to players of the Jedi profession working for the Rebellion or Empire who achieved the rank of general. Once having achieved this rank, the player was then able to purchase the crystal from a recruiter for a base price of 1 million credits, which was modified depending on which faction controlled the planet on which the purchase was made. However, in 2011, the crystal was included as part of the raid system added to the game in Hotfix 21.4, which allowed players greater access to the crystals.
In 2008, Windu's Guile received a card in Champions of the Force, the first set for the virtual Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game, released by Sony Online Entertainment to go along with Star Wars Galaxies. The Windu's Guile card was illustrated by artist Kuki Huang.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Windu's Guile)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ This article assumes that the "Hurrikaine crystal" in the Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game is the same type as the crystals from the planet Hurikane in the comic "Stones". This is based of the fact that their colors are the same, both are linked to Mace Windu, and that the Jedi Academy Training Manual says that Hurikane crystals are from the planet Hurikane.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT STAR WARS GALAXIES. Sony Online Entertainment (2011-06-24). Archived from the original on November 24, 2011. Retrieved on November 1, 2015.