Although the full rank appears to be "wing commander," a person holding this rank was generally referred to simply as "commander." In the Rebel Alliance, the rank in Starfighter Command was used interchangeably with colonel.
Behind the scenesEdit
It is unclear in many instances whether an individual was a commander or wing commander. Wedge Antilles was referred to as a "wing commander" during the Thrawn Trilogy, but only as a "commander" in X-Wing: Isard's Revenge, which covers some of the same events, specifically the Battle of Bilbringi. Although it is conceivable that Antilles could have been promoted after the events of X-Wing: Solo Command, the X-Wing book series is consistent in reference to his rank of simply "commander" despite the in-universe time gap and previous continuity of The Last Command.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: The Rebel Opposition
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)
- Dark Force Rising
- The Last Command
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
- Star Warriors: Starfighter Combat in the Star Wars Universe
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide