Woan Barso was a human male who smuggled refugees out of Jedha City on the moon Jedha during the reign of the Galactic Empire. He transported the refugees using a dilapidated container tug to freighters waiting in orbit above the moon; however, he had so little faith in his starship's life support system that he wore an orange vac-suit at all times. Because of this, the Guardians of the Whills Baze Malbus and Chirrut Îmwe did not trust him to be able to help them evacuate an orphanage.
In 0 BBY, the Alliance to Restore the Republic agents Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor passed Barso as he stood in the city shortly before the entire settlement was destroyed by the Empire's Death Star superweapon.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Woan Barso first appeared in the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which was released in North America on December 15, 2016. The character was not named in the film itself, but received identification in the reference book Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Guardians of the Whills (Mentioned only)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Poe Dameron: Free Fall
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Woan Barso)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills (Picture only)