A wokling was a baby or infant Ewok. They were fawned over by their parents and were described as adorable by most people who met them. The term "wokling" is derived from the words "Ewok" and "youngling"[source?] (a term used by most species in the galaxy to describe their offspring). Woklings would become Ewoks in a ceremony known as "The Festival of Hoods".
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The term "wokling" is used somewhat inconsistently. Sometimes it refers to only the youngest Ewoks, those who have not yet received their hoods. Other times, it is applied to Ewok children of any age. Also, some sources capitalize the term, while others do not.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Adventures of Teebo: A Tale of Magic and Suspense
- Wicket Goes Fishing: An Ewok Adventure (In flashback(s))
- Ewoks (First identified as Woklings)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- The Crystal"—Star Wars Gamer 5 (Mentioned only) "
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Mentioned only)