The Woldona system was a star system located in the Sevetta sector, within the Slice portion of the Outer Rim Territories. By the time period between 0 ABY and 3 ABY, the converted Victory-class Star Destroyer GrimDeath I was used by a gang of pirates to carry out a series of raids throughout the system.
Behind the scenes
The Woldona system was first mentioned in "The Briefing of Spacetrooper Platoon 243-XT," a short companion narrative included in The Star Wars Sourcebook, a 1987 supplement for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game that was authored by Bill Slavicsek and Curtis Smith. "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, How I Wonder Where We Are," a 1990 roleplaying game source article published in Voyages SF 13, later placed the Woldona system—misspelled as "Woldana system"—in the Dartibek sector. Since that article was released outside of the Lucas Licensing process, its canonicity within the Star Wars Legends continuity was never confirmed.
Although the entry for the planet Galpos II in the 2008 reference book The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia placed the world within the Woldona system, the 2009 book The Essential Atlas placed the system in grid square T-16 and the separate Galpos system in square S-15. Jason Fry, the co-author of the Atlas, has stated that the star systems listed in Appendix section of The Essential Atlas are named after the most prominent planets or celestial bodies located in those systems. This article therefore considers Galpos II to be located in the Galpos system. The StarWars.com Online Companion to The Essential Atlas subsequently further overrode the Voyages SF 13 placement by establishing that the Woldona system was part of the Sevetta sector.
- "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, How I Wonder Where We Are"—Voyages SF 13 (as Woldana system)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Galpos II")
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and references
- system in the Sevetta sector, which depicts as falling within the region The Essential Atlas identifies as the Slice. places the Woldona
- The Star Wars Sourcebook is set between the conclusion of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and the events of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 0 ABY and 3 ABY, respectively.
- "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, How I Wonder Where We Are"—Voyages SF 13
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 317 ("Galpos II")
- The Essential Atlas
- (In response to: "the systems in the Atlas's appendix are named after their most prominent planet/celestial body, correct?")