Wom-Nii Gnaden was a male Jedi Master who was serving as a general in the Galactic Republic's Grand Army sometime during or after 22 BBY, during the Clone Wars. A skilled pilot, Gnaden fought in the Battle of Crombach Nebula sometime between 22 and 19 BBY. During that encounter, his NTB-630 naval bomber was damaged and spun out of control, crashing into the hull of a Separatist Munificent-class star frigate called the Tide of Progress XII. The crash killed Gnaden and left damage still visible at the time of the Battle of Coruscant in 19 BBY.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Wom-Nii Gnaden was first mentioned in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections, a 2005 reference book written by Curtis Saxton.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Wom-Nii Gnaden was killed during the Battle of Crombach Nebula during the Clone Wars. The impact of his craft on the vessel Tide of Progress XII was still present during the Battle of Coruscant, the last battle of the Clone Wars. The New Essential Chronology notes that the conflict wages between 22 and 19 BBY, so Wom-Nii Gnaden must have been killed during that timeframe.
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 348 ("Gnaden, Wom-Nii")