- "I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters."
- ―Luke Skywalker to Col Takbright
Womp rats were creatures native to Tatooine. Considered to be a pest, they nested in the desert and would sometimes gather in swarms to attack the inhabitants of Tatooine. The smell of dead womp rats was known to attract krayt dragons. During the Clone Wars, when Anakin Skywalker was having trouble getting information out of Dr. Nuvo Vindi, Obi-Wan Kenobi told him to have patience, as there was "more than one way to skin a womp rat."
Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, when Col Takbright protested that the two-meter target on the Death Star was impossible to hit, even for a computer, Luke Skywalker countered that he used to "bulls-eye" womp rats in his T-16 Skyhopper back home and that they were not much bigger than two meters. Luke Skywalker could hit the most of the creatures of any of his group of friends on a T-16 Skyhopper run through Beggar's Canyon, though he considered them hairy, monstrous pests.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles