FANDOM


[21:01:03] <Ayrehead02> Before we begin this AC Meeting, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you.
[21:01:17] <Toprawa> Thank you.
[21:01:28] <Ayrehead02> Nothing on the discussions needs to be brought forward I assume?
[21:01:38] * Tommy-Macaroni applauds thunderously
[21:01:50] <Toprawa> Nah
[21:02:00] <Ayrehead02> If not then we'll begin with the probed articles from the last meeting
[21:02:12] <Ayrehead02> First up: Alchenaut
[21:02:13] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Alchenaut
[21:02:18] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/index.php?diff=cur&oldid=8104627
[21:02:22] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:AC/Alchenaut
[21:02:30] <Ayrehead02> No Change
[21:02:31] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:02:34] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:02:36] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:03:17] <Ayrehead02> Tope?
[21:03:45] <Toprawa> bah
[21:03:49] <Toprawa> sorry
[21:03:51] <Toprawa> Had to answer the door
[21:03:53] <Toprawa> Kill
[21:03:55] <Ayrehead02> No worries
[21:04:01] <Ayrehead02> Alchenaut killed
[21:04:13] <Ayrehead02> Next up is srssrsrsrsrsrsrsrs
[21:04:14] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Srrors%27tok
[21:04:19] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/index.php?diff=cur&oldid=8104630
[21:04:24] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:AC/Srrors%27tok
[21:04:25] <Ayrehead02> No change
[21:04:26] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:04:27] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:04:28] <Toprawa> Kill
[21:04:29] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:04:43] <Ayrehead02> Srrors'tok killed
[21:04:55] <Ayrehead02> Third on the chopping block is the esteemed Farnsworth
[21:04:56] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Farnsworth
[21:05:00] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/index.php?diff=cur&oldid=8104632
[21:05:04] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:AC/Farnsworth
[21:05:06] <Ayrehead02> No change
[21:05:07] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:05:08] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:05:17] <Toprawa> Kill
[21:05:18] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:05:23] <Ayrehead02> Farnsworth Killed
[21:05:30] <Ayrehead02> Next is RC-5093
[21:05:31] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/RC-5093
[21:05:35] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/index.php?diff=cur&oldid=8104634
[21:05:39] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:AC/RC-5093
[21:05:41] <Ayrehead02> No change
[21:05:42] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:05:43] <Toprawa> Kill
[21:05:45] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:06:11] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:06:17] <Ayrehead02> RC-5093 killed
[21:06:23] <Ayrehead02> Fifth is the 233rd
[21:06:24] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/233rd
[21:06:28] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/index.php?diff=cur&oldid=8104636
[21:06:33] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:AC/233rd
[21:06:51] <Ayrehead02> No change other than a weird Jkirk edit
[21:06:52] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:06:55] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:06:55] <Toprawa> Kill
[21:07:10] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:07:20] <Ayrehead02> The 233rd killed
[21:07:31] <MasterFred> o/
[21:07:42] <MasterFred> Give me a few and I’ll be on a desktop
[21:07:51] <Ayrehead02> Howdy Fred! Guess you made it onto the Hogwarts express after all
[21:08:06] <MasterFred> But if at any point I don’t vote or reply, move on. I’m at work.
[21:08:09] <MasterFred> :D
[21:08:13] <Ayrehead02> Fair enough
[21:08:14] <Tommy-Macaroni> He's currently rushing to IRC in a Ford Angelina
[21:08:29] <Tommy-Macaroni> * Anglia
[21:08:30] <Ayrehead02> Now, cowering before us, is Athnalu
[21:08:31] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Athnalu
[21:08:37] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/index.php?diff=cur&oldid=8104638
[21:08:44] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:AC/Athnalu
[21:08:46] <Ayrehead02> No change
[21:08:47] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:08:47] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:08:49] <Toprawa> Kill
[21:08:53] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:09:05] <Ayrehead02> Athnalu killed
[21:09:18] <Ayrehead02> Next up: Kahiyuk
[21:09:19] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kahiyuk
[21:09:24] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/index.php?diff=cur&oldid=8104640
[21:09:28] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:AC/Kahiyuk
[21:09:34] <Ayrehead02> No change
[21:09:35] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:09:37] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:09:44] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:09:49] <Toprawa> Kill
[21:10:08] <Ayrehead02> Kahiyuk killed
[21:10:13] <MasterFred> Ok back
[21:10:25] <Ayrehead02> Now, breaking our beautiful slaughter spree, is the Cord-class starfighter
[21:10:29] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cord-class_starfighter
[21:10:34] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/index.php?diff=cur&oldid=8104642
[21:10:38] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:AC/Cord-class_starfighter
[21:10:44] <Ayrehead02> Anil claims to have fixed the two issues
[21:10:50] <Toprawa> The date issue was not properly resolved
[21:11:01] <Toprawa> You can't just slap NEC on that and be done with it
[21:11:03] <Tommy-Macaroni> Yeah I feel that needs a manual note
[21:11:07] <Toprawa> Especially considering the fighter isn't even mentioned in NEC
[21:11:14] <MasterFred> Yeah, I had wanted to talk to Anil about the date ref.
[21:11:17] <Ayrehead02> Does the NEC use decimal dates?
[21:11:27] <Ayrehead02> I honestly can't remember
[21:11:30] <Toprawa> It does
[21:11:56] <Toprawa> Kill
[21:12:01] <Ayrehead02> Fair enough, but it sounds like we should probe anyway
[21:12:09] <Toprawa> It's already been probed
[21:12:10] <Ayrehead02> Not probe, extend even
[21:12:12] <Tommy-Macaroni> You mean extend?
[21:12:16] <Toprawa> I'm voting Kill
[21:12:38] <Ayrehead02> Has anyone spoken to Anil after he changed it?
[21:12:48] <MasterFred> I'd say technically we should kill. Anil is on IRC, though. I can reach out to him and see if he can fix it before the meeting's over.
[21:13:02] <Toprawa> Anil's been away for 5 hours
[21:13:09] <Tommy-Macaroni> Yeah just kill
[21:13:15] <exiledjedi> Agreed, kill.
[21:13:15] <MasterFred> Ah, not counting on it, then. Kill.
[21:13:30] <MasterFred> He can take it to GAN again if he wants. lol
[21:13:37] <Toprawa> If it was Anil's personal nom, I'd have more sympathy
[21:13:42] <Toprawa> This was his drive-by fix
[21:13:44] <Toprawa> So I really don't care
[21:13:50] <MasterFred> ^
[21:13:52] <Ayrehead02> Sure, kill
[21:13:54] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:14:13] <Toprawa> And, for the record
[21:14:25] <Toprawa> This is why I tell people don't even try to fix probed articles that aren't yours
[21:14:34] <Toprawa> More often than not, it's just a huge waste of time for everyone
[21:15:03] <Ayrehead02> Has anyone not yet voted kill?
[21:15:04] <MasterFred> Yeah, unless you know the source material well, you're just guessing.
[21:15:20] <Tommy-Macaroni> We all killed
[21:15:21] <MasterFred> I believe everyone has voted.
[21:15:39] <Ayrehead02> Good stuff, the slaughter continues with Cord-class being killed
[21:15:56] <Ayrehead02> Now for Order 4
[21:15:57] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Order_4
[21:16:01] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/index.php?diff=cur&oldid=8104644
[21:16:08] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:AC/Order_4
[21:16:15] <Ayrehead02> Anil has again tried to fix these
[21:16:18] <Toprawa> Request a moment to look over the changes
[21:16:34] <Ayrehead02> Although looks like there's been a new objection since he did.
[21:16:58] <MasterFred> Is it a new objection? It wasn't signed.
[21:17:14] <Toprawa> Not a new objection
[21:17:17] <Toprawa> He just didn't respond to that one
[21:17:22] <MasterFred> kill
[21:17:24] <Toprawa> But it's an exceptionally easy fix
[21:17:25] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:17:34] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:17:51] <Toprawa> I won't stand in the way of progress. Kill. :P
[21:18:05] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:18:08] <Toprawa> Anil can renominate it if he wants
[21:18:12] <Ayrehead02> Got to keep up our streak so we can call in a tactical nuke
[21:18:14] <Toprawa> Then he can call it "his" nom :P
[21:18:14] <MasterFred> Progress!
[21:18:19] <Ayrehead02> So far so good as Order 4 is killed
[21:18:34] <MasterFred> So many new GANs for Anil to take. XD
[21:18:42] <Ayrehead02> Next on the chopping block is Chancellor's Service Medal
[21:18:44] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Chancellor%27s_Service_Medal
[21:18:48] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/index.php?diff=cur&oldid=8104646
[21:18:51] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:AC/Chancellor%27s_Service_Medal
[21:19:03] <Ayrehead02> Anil strikes again
[21:19:21] <Toprawa> ugh
[21:19:37] <Tommy-Macaroni> Let us have our fun killing, Anil :P
[21:19:45] <Ayrehead02> He missed one
[21:20:00] <Ayrehead02> Ref nine still isn't using the template is it?
[21:20:00] <Toprawa> He didn't fix the second objection completely
[21:20:09] <Toprawa> And yes, ref 9
[21:20:22] <Ayrehead02> Sounds like grounds for a kill to me
[21:20:23] <Toprawa> Kill
[21:20:23] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:20:24] <Tommy-Macaroni> Kill
[21:20:25] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:20:27] <MasterFred> kill
[21:20:27] <Toprawa> He can renominate it if he wants
[21:20:44] <Tommy-Macaroni> That should be our new motto
[21:20:44] <Ayrehead02> Now a Cade Classic
[21:20:48] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Lassicar
[21:20:53] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/index.php?diff=cur&oldid=8104648
[21:20:57] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:AC/Lassicar
[21:21:14] <Ayrehead02> This time Fan's made some fixes
[21:21:25] <Toprawa> ugh :P
[21:22:16] <Ayrehead02> Hmm
[21:22:22] <Ayrehead02> He may have actually fixed them
[21:22:28] <Toprawa> I still think he should create an article for those parents
[21:22:47] <MasterFred> Agreed.
[21:22:53] <MasterFred> There are some details there.
[21:23:00] <Toprawa> I'm ok with his changes, though
[21:23:07] <Toprawa> Mostly
[21:23:22] <Toprawa> It's a bit rough around the edges, but I can work with him (if he ever comes on IRC)
[21:23:28] <MasterFred> Do we accept redlinks at all anymore in probed articles?
[21:23:39] <Toprawa> No, but I figure he can fix it
[21:23:48] <Toprawa> I'm willing to work with him on it
[21:23:50] <Ayrehead02> Extend then?
[21:23:53] <MasterFred> Yeah, and also nobody replied to his comment, so not his fault.
[21:24:03] <Toprawa> I'm ok with just keeping if we accept that he'll smooth everything over
[21:24:21] <Toprawa> This will be a good learning opportunity for him
[21:24:21] <exiledjedi> I'm fine with keeping it.
[21:24:22] <Tommy-Macaroni> I'm okay with a keep
[21:24:24] <Ayrehead02> Sure, aslong as you're keeping an eye on it I trust it'll get done
[21:24:24] <Ayrehead02> Keep
[21:24:25] <Tommy-Macaroni> Keep
[21:24:31] <Toprawa> Cool
[21:24:32] <MasterFred> Yeah, at least all objections were addressed to some degree.
[21:24:33] <Toprawa> Keep
[21:24:33] <MasterFred> keep
[21:24:45] <Ayrehead02> Lassicar kept
[21:25:02] <Ayrehead02> We were so close to a perfect run
[21:25:16] <Ayrehead02> Finally we have the Five Veils Campaign
[21:25:18] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Five_Veils_Campaign
[21:25:23] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/index.php?diff=cur&oldid=8104650
[21:25:31] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:AC/Five_Veils_Campaign
[21:25:55] <Ayrehead02> Anil's made some fixes again, but I'm willing to kill on that image alone still
[21:26:04] <Ayrehead02> I have no idea how it ever passed in the first place
[21:26:04] <Toprawa> Yeah, me too
[21:26:06] <Tommy-Macaroni> That image is shite
[21:26:11] <Toprawa> I can probably get him a good scan of it he wants to renominate it
[21:26:13] <Toprawa> I'll ask him
[21:26:20] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:26:21] <Toprawa> Kill
[21:26:23] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:26:27] <MasterFred> That image is garbage. Kill.
[21:26:31] <MasterFred> Good effort, Anil. XD
[21:26:34] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:26:51] <Ayrehead02> Five Veils Campaign killed
[21:27:20] <Ayrehead02> Giving us the final scores as The AC 11/12, Anil 0/4 and Fan 1/1
[21:27:30] <Toprawa> XD
[21:27:33] <Ayrehead02> Good work Fan
[21:27:35] <MasterFred> XD
[21:27:42] <Tommy-Macaroni> Fan gets the house cup
[21:27:48] <Toprawa> The House always wins
[21:28:11] <Ayrehead02> Now onto the new candidates, and you guys have been real busy this month
[21:28:15] <MasterFred> I feel like, in the event of Anil renominating, we've effectively just relocated these all to the GAN. :P
[21:28:30] <Ayrehead02> First up is Gree
[21:28:31] <Toprawa> Honestly, that's what I would prefer anyways
[21:28:34] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Gree/Legends
[21:28:44] <Ayrehead02> Gree/Legends — Should be checked for potential update. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 23:59, March 13, 2019 (UTC)
[21:28:45] <Ayrehead02> Appears to possibly be a mistake – Dangerous Covenants appearance list does not have an entry for the planet, but does have one for the species. I suspect a mix up here but have asked Darth Yarco who added the info for clarification and if possible to point me towards the info in the book. - Sir Cavalier of OneFarStar(Squadron channel) 13:10, March 19, 2019 (UTC)
[21:28:45] <Toprawa> It's easier to kill and renominate it, plus it gives us time to look at everything outside of the rush of the meeting
[21:28:45] <Ayrehead02> Meeting note: confirmed to be a mistake by original editor. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 20:34, March 21, 2019 (UTC)
[21:29:05] <Toprawa> Yes, we can move along from this one
[21:29:10] <Ayrehead02> Seems like this can be immediately spared
[21:29:12] <Ayrehead02> Spare
[21:29:13] <Tommy-Macaroni> Spare
[21:29:15] <Toprawa> Spare
[21:29:42] <exiledjedi> Spare
[21:29:49] <Ayrehead02> Gree spared
[21:30:08] <Ayrehead02> Next is a less fortunate species: the Xi'Dec
[21:30:10] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Xi%27Dec/Legends
[21:30:14] <Ayrehead02> Infobox-exclusive info
[21:30:14] <Ayrehead02> It's preferable to list members in the infobox by individual bullet points
[21:30:16] <Ayrehead02> I don't understand why the article needs to use multiple reference notes in so many instances. That really only needs to be done in the instance a particular fact is controversial (i.e., the length of the Executor-class in Legends). Like, why does the infobox need three ref notes to cite the species being insectoid, an obvious fact? For double reference notes in the article body, references should be applied
[21:30:21] <Ayrehead02> in-line, not tacked onto the end of sentences.
[21:30:23] <Ayrehead02> "Xi'Dec in the galaxy" could probably be subsectioned
[21:30:25] <Ayrehead02> The 9 ABY date isn't referenced properly.
[21:30:27] <Ayrehead02> BTS unsourced
[21:30:29] <Ayrehead02> Expand on context for subject's first appearance in GG4 for BTS (i.e., publication date, publisher, connection to Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
[21:30:32] <Ayrehead02> Format image caption punctuation correctly
[21:30:34] <Ayrehead02> Change "History" image caption to something relevant to that particular section. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 23:56, March 14, 2019 (UTC)
[21:30:37] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:30:47] <MasterFred> Probe
[21:30:56] <MasterFred> Tope, you shredded these articles. haha
[21:31:01] <Toprawa> :D
[21:31:02] <Toprawa> Probe
[21:31:05] <Tommy-Macaroni> Probe
[21:31:06] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:31:19] <Ayrehead02> Xi'Dec probed
[21:31:39] <Ayrehead02> Next up we have one of EJ's articles: Forris
[21:31:39] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Forris
[21:31:46] <Ayrehead02> Redirect
[21:31:46] <Ayrehead02> Fixed.--Exiled Jedi (talk) 09:42, March 19, 2019 (UTC)
[21:31:46] <Ayrehead02> Date ref needs elaboration
[21:31:46] <Ayrehead02> Fixed.--Exiled Jedi (talk) 09:42, March 19, 2019 (UTC)
[21:31:46] <Ayrehead02> The uniform identifies him as a member of the Mantellian Army; a good degree of rewriting is required. Fan26 (Talk) 17:13, March 16, 2019 (UTC)
[21:31:48] <Ayrehead02> I'm curious where does the term Mantellian Army come from. I remember looking for names related to the Mantellian organizations and not being able to find anything except a reference to the Central Authority later in the game. Where is this name used in the game (quest/item/conversation/etc)? Also, where is it confirmed that the blue uniform is for the Mantellian Army?--Exiled Jedi (talk) 09:42, March 19, 2019
[21:31:53] <Ayrehead02> (UTC)
[21:31:55] <Ayrehead02> A conversation with some reporter at the beginning of a quest. She references not being able to bribe the "whole corrupt Mantelliam Army" to do the job they player does. Probably not the best name, but I was under the impression such things should be used as the name if no other name is available. The assumption that the blue uniform is for the army is because all of the nameless NPCs wearing that sort of
[21:32:00] <Ayrehead02> uniform are identified as "Mantellian Trooper/Soldier", while armor-wearing NPCs are identified as "Republic Soldiers". Fan26 (Talk) 13:00, March 19, 2019 (UTC)
[21:32:05] <Toprawa> EJ will need to tell us where this one stands
[21:32:19] <MasterFred> Agreed.
[21:32:46] <exiledjedi> I still need to look into this one. I suspect that he is probably right, but I feel like I remember checking a lot of this before.
[21:33:02] <exiledjedi> I'm planning on getting to that later today or tomorrow.
[21:33:24] <MasterFred> I'm ok with sparing, then, assuming you'll work it out with Fan26.
[21:33:29] <Ayrehead02> Same
[21:33:43] <Toprawa> Sure
[21:33:57] <Tommy-Macaroni> Spare, then
[21:34:00] <Ayrehead02> Alright, Forris spared
[21:34:02] <MasterFred> Since you're at least saying he's likely correct.
[21:34:30] <Ayrehead02> Now for Muz the Fuz
[21:34:30] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Muz
[21:34:34] <Ayrehead02> Digitize image
[21:34:34] <Ayrehead02> It certainly appears there is enough room for a Biography image
[21:34:34] <Ayrehead02> The Legacy comics cannot be used as a reference for a hard date of 137 ABY. Those comics only say that "The events of this story take place approximately 137 years after the Battle of Yavin."
[21:34:34] <Ayrehead02> In the P/T, I'd rather see his eye and skin color moved to the end of the paragraph. Additionally, discussion of his clothing belongs in an Equipment section, not the P/T.
[21:34:35] <Ayrehead02> BTS unsourced. Would also like to see the publisher mentioned. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 22:18, March 18, 2019 (UTC)
[21:34:40] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:34:43] <Toprawa> Probe
[21:34:48] <Tommy-Macaroni> Probe
[21:35:06] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:35:32] <Ayrehead02> Muz is probed
[21:35:50] <Ayrehead02> Next up: Royal Chalcedony Shield
[21:35:51] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Royal_Chalcedony_Shield
[21:35:57] <Ayrehead02> HNN articles can't be used as a source for 22 BBY, as they only use GrS dates
[21:35:57] <Ayrehead02> "Notable recipients" should just be turned into a "History" section
[21:35:57] <Ayrehead02> There's some pretty bad extrapolation in the article regarding non-Alderaanians who receive the medal. The fact is, we're only ever given one instance of a non-Alderaanian receiving it, Horox Ryyder, so for all we know that could have been an exceptionally special and rare one-of-a-kind thing. The article should avoid making extrapolated assumptions based off that singular event, such as "Horox Ryyder was one
[21:35:57] <Ayrehead02> of the few such individuals to receive a Royal Chalcedony Shield." and "...but non-Alderaanians could occasionally be given the medal as well; as such, these recipients would be officially adopted by Alderaan."
[21:35:59] <Ayrehead02> Something from the HNN article can probably be used as a quote for the History section
[21:36:01] <Ayrehead02> BTS is unsourced. It should also expand on the OOU details of the HNN article, such as author, full publication date, and the context that these stories were released in the lead up to the theatrical release of Episode II. The CSWE sentence is pointless and should be removed. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 22:46, March 18, 2019 (UTC)
[21:36:06] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:36:09] <Toprawa> Probe
[21:36:13] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:36:15] <Tommy-Macaroni> probe
[21:36:22] <Ayrehead02> Royal Chalcedony Shield probed
[21:36:32] <Ayrehead02> Now for Dorosii
[21:36:33] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dorosii
[21:36:39] <Ayrehead02> Since we're not given any indication of the character's gender, I think it would be better to just remove the extrapolated hermaphrodite detail from an unrelated source.
[21:36:39] <Ayrehead02> Paragraph break in the Bio would be nice
[21:36:39] <Ayrehead02> HNN articles can't be used as a source for 22 BBY, as they only use GrS dates
[21:36:39] <Ayrehead02> If reference 5 and the portion it's citing is going to be kept in the article, that needs some kind of better explanation in the reference note to connect how the events of that HNN article correspond to the Separatist Crisis
[21:36:41] <Ayrehead02> If we don't know Dorosii's gender, this needs to be reworded to avoid the pronoun: "His views were not shared by the Jedi Council, however, which reportedly responded with an investigation."
[21:36:44] <Ayrehead02> BTS is unsourced. It should also expand on the OOU details of the HNN article, such as author and the context that these stories were released in the lead up to the theatrical release of Episode II. The CSWE sentence is pointless and should be removed. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 22:55, March 18, 2019 (UTC)
[21:36:48] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:36:50] <Toprawa> Probe
[21:37:01] <Tommy-Macaroni> probe
[21:37:15] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:37:23] <Ayrehead02> Dorosii probed
[21:37:53] <Ayrehead02> Next, Plevitz Essential Guide to Species
[21:38:00] <Ayrehead02> "Literature" should probably replace "Essential Guide" in the infobox's Type field
[21:38:01] <Ayrehead02> If we know this guide was released by the end of the Clone Wars, it would be better to specify "By 19 BBY" (with appropriate referencing) in the infobox
[21:38:01] <Ayrehead02> BTS is unsourced. It should also expand on details, including author and publisher. The CSWE sentence is pointless and should be removed. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 22:59, March 18, 2019 (UTC)
[21:38:06] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Plevitz_Essential_Guide_to_Species
[21:38:11] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:38:12] <Toprawa> Probe
[21:38:12] <Tommy-Macaroni> probe
[21:38:21] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:38:30] <Ayrehead02> The Essential Guide probed
[21:38:46] <Ayrehead02> Carrying on, 84-U hunting rifle
[21:38:51] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/84-U_hunting_rifle
[21:38:56] <Ayrehead02> This whole article is predicated on pretending that this rifle he's holding isn't an 84-U because "no source has confirmed the 84-U to be the rifle Lufba is wielding in the film," to quote the BTS. I think this is silly and wrong. The character's Databank entry makes it quite evident that this is the conclusion we're supposed to be drawing, and Tim Veekhoven explicitly states this to be his authorial
[21:38:56] <Ayrehead02> intention. So I don't know why we're going out of our way to avoid making the obvious connection. There's a big difference between interpreting source material conservatively and outright misinterpreting it.
[21:38:59] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:39:01] <Toprawa> For reference, this is the only image we're ever given of this character, holding this rifle: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/File:WamAndTheThingThatGoesBlam-DB.jpg
[21:39:05] <Tommy-Macaroni> porbe
[21:39:09] <Toprawa> The article wants us to pretend the 84-U isn't that rifle
[21:39:10] <Tommy-Macaroni> probe lol
[21:39:12] <Toprawa> Probe
[21:39:48] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:40:04] <Ayrehead02> 84-U probed
[21:40:38] <Ayrehead02> Next is the unimaginatively named Imperial long-range rocket rifle
[21:40:40] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Imperial_long-range_rocket_rifle
[21:40:54] <Ayrehead02> Paragraph breaks in the Description and History sections would be nice.
[21:40:54] <Ayrehead02> Doing so would also allow for a body image, if available
[21:40:54] <Ayrehead02> The comic can't be used as a source for the 4 ABY date
[21:40:54] <Ayrehead02> BTS unsourced. Would also like to see full publication date for the comic issue. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 23:23, March 18, 2019 (UTC)
[21:40:56] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:41:01] <Tommy-Macaroni> probe
[21:41:01] <Toprawa> Probe
[21:41:14] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:41:23] <Ayrehead02> ILRRR Probed
[21:41:24] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shiv_(clone_trooper)
[21:41:34] <Ayrehead02> Shiv is next
[21:41:38] <Ayrehead02> Essential Reader's Companion alone cannot be used to source 22 BBY
[21:41:39] <Ayrehead02> Paragraph break in the intro would be nice
[21:41:39] <Ayrehead02> Article should have an Equipment section detailing his armor and any weaponry he uses
[21:41:39] <Ayrehead02> Article should utilize the SWArchive template for "Cold Snap" in the Appearances and references
[21:41:39] <Ayrehead02> "Cold Snap" comic name should be in quotes, not italics
[21:41:41] <Ayrehead02> BTS should detail webcomic's author, illustrator, publisher (StarWars.com), and publication date. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 23:32, March 18, 2019 (UTC)
[21:41:43] <Toprawa> This one's right up Tommy's alley
[21:41:44] <Ayrehead02> Prove
[21:41:46] <Ayrehead02> *Probe
[21:41:56] <Toprawa> Probe
[21:42:17] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:42:21] <Tommy-Macaroni> probe
[21:42:23] <Tommy-Macaroni> Lolz
[21:42:27] <Ayrehead02> Shiv shivved
[21:42:45] <Ayrehead02> And finally, the ugliest Wookiee I've ever seen: Ovarra
[21:42:46] <Ayrehead02> https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ovarra
[21:42:53] <Ayrehead02> Questioning the absence of an ABY date, since so many other Galaxies articles specify one, whether it's correct to do so or not
[21:42:53] <Ayrehead02> "Chieftain" need not be capitalized in all instances, per MOS
[21:42:53] <Ayrehead02> It certainly seems the Biography could fit another image if available
[21:42:53] <Ayrehead02> The discussion of her fur color should mention that white spot over her left eye area
[21:42:53] <Ayrehead02> BTS is unsourced. Should also be expanded to mention year for source. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 20:32, March 21, 2019 (UTC)
[21:42:55] <Toprawa> I was actually impressed that the clothing was mentioned in this article.
[21:43:02] <Toprawa> It's notable when Wookiees wear clothes :P
[21:43:10] <Tommy-Macaroni> Probe
[21:43:11] <Toprawa> Probe
[21:43:13] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:43:18] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:43:26] <Ayrehead02> Ovarra probed
[21:44:12] <Ayrehead02> Thanks one and all, this wholesale slaughter was brought to you by Toprawa & Co. Article Probers: "No Article Shall Survive"
[21:44:29] <Toprawa> A family-owned business since 2009.
[21:44:45] <Toprawa> No, wait, 2008
[21:45:16] <Ayrehead02> We have two points of discussion both from Toprawa & Co. CEO and Article Murder enthusiast Mr Toprawa Q. Ralltiir the Third
[21:45:27] <Toprawa> Thank you, all
[21:45:27] <Ayrehead02> The floor is yours
[21:45:28] <Tommy-Macaroni> All rise
[21:45:38] <Toprawa> I presume you all remember THIS exercise https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/User_talk:Toprawa_and_Ralltiir/Some_Like_it_Hoth
[21:45:47] <Ayrehead02> How could we forget
[21:46:01] <Ayrehead02> (Tope is definitely just trying to sell our data)
[21:46:13] <Toprawa> To the highest bidder
[21:46:23] <Toprawa> Topin' ain't cheap
[21:46:45] <Toprawa> I believe we should set 3 PM ET as our standard meeting time
[21:47:48] <Toprawa> (Secondary opinions welcome)
[21:48:02] <Tommy-Macaroni> That's 7 PM for us right Ayre?
[21:48:05] <Ayrehead02> Indeed
[21:48:10] <exiledjedi> That time is fine with me.
[21:48:13] <Ayrehead02> This very meeting used that new time
[21:48:22] <Tommy-Macaroni> Well its the most popular time
[21:48:26] <Tommy-Macaroni> I support this
[21:48:28] <Toprawa> It did indeed
[21:48:28] <Ayrehead02> It definitely works for me
[21:48:32] <Ayrehead02> Support
[21:48:36] <Toprawa> Support
[21:48:44] <exiledjedi> Support
[21:48:55] <Toprawa> Imperators, perhaps ironically, supports in absentia the meeting time he can never make :P
[21:49:02] <Ayrehead02> As does ecks
[21:49:09] <Ayrehead02> (He gave me his vote on IRC earlier)
[21:49:12] <Tommy-Macaroni> He
[21:49:14] <Tommy-Macaroni> *heh
[21:49:33] <Ayrehead02> Tommy you speak for Fred, what say ye?
[21:49:58] <Ayrehead02> Oh wait, you said support but with other words around it
[21:50:14] <Ayrehead02> In that case the motion passes with 7 votes in favour and zero against!
[21:50:30] <Ayrehead02> Once again, the floor is Topes
[21:50:31] <Toprawa> Hear, hear!
[21:50:38] <Toprawa> One moment as I compile necessary data
[21:50:39] <Tommy-Macaroni> Gang shit
[21:50:46] <Ayrehead02> For a new mystery item that I haven't heard discusses
[21:50:50] <Ayrehead02> *Discussed
[21:50:52] <Toprawa> Ok...
[21:51:00] <Tommy-Macaroni> Ooh
[21:51:00] <Toprawa> This one's a bit more complicated
[21:51:18] <Toprawa> As we know, GANs must remain below 1000 words to be eligible for GA status
[21:51:55] <Toprawa> Likewise, if an existing GA falls below 250 words, for example, we've always considered that grounds for probation and removal
[21:52:14] <Toprawa> But we've always vacillated on how to handle existing GAs that go over 1000 words
[21:52:26] <Toprawa> And we've never codified an official method for how to handle this situation
[21:52:35] <Toprawa> I bring this up because we have a bit of a rare case on our hands at the moment
[21:52:41] <MasterFred> Sorry, I'm back.
[21:52:58] <Toprawa> This article was Reduxed and has undergone massive expansion recently as the nominator has uncovered previously unknown information https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Radanthus_Mandelatara
[21:53:11] <Toprawa> It currently sits at 1245 words, by my count
[21:53:36] <Toprawa> It's my opinion that in the same way we handle articles that fall below 250, we should likewise treat articles that surpass 1000
[21:53:53] <Toprawa> In which case, that would give us grounds to remove this article's GA status
[21:54:06] <Toprawa> The nominator, of course, could then take it to FAN if he chooses
[21:54:14] <Toprawa> Please discuss
[21:54:22] <Tommy-Macaroni> I completely agree
[21:54:24] <Ayrehead02> Do we go through probe and review?
[21:54:36] <Tommy-Macaroni> Weird to have an 1000+ word article on the GAN page
[21:54:43] <Ayrehead02> Or just immediately lose status?
[21:54:49] <Toprawa> Procedurally, we would leave it as an objection -- technically, he has the option to revise the article to bring it back below 1000 words
[21:55:01] <Toprawa> Of course, he won't be able to resolve it, so then we would mark it as a failed Redux and remove its status
[21:55:13] <Ayrehead02> Excellent, I support then
[21:55:18] <Tommy-Macaroni> Support
[21:55:25] <exiledjedi> I also agree. I have wondered why we haven't always done this.
[21:55:28] <exiledjedi> Support
[21:55:30] <MasterFred> And he could even just take it to FAN immediately from the GAN, right? Does it have to finish redux first?
[21:55:36] <Toprawa> Ok, I propose we add this to the GA instructions and perhaps even Bylaws page
[21:55:36] <Ayrehead02> I've always hated grandfathering stuff in
[21:56:01] <Toprawa> The Redux should probably finish first to avoid any complications
[21:56:04] <MasterFred> I definitely support what was presented, though.
[21:56:29] <MasterFred> Ok, should we inform whoever is working on such articles during redux of the procedure.
[21:56:40] <MasterFred> Just a heads up on their options.
[21:56:48] <Toprawa> Yes, as I noted, we will leave it as an objection and give him the choice for how he wants to proceed
[21:57:03] <MasterFred> Fair enough. Sounds good to me.
[21:57:07] <Toprawa> Cool
[21:57:31] <Ayrehead02> If someone is willing to take it immediately to FAN then I'm happy to spare it while its a GAN
[21:57:37] <Ayrehead02> I believe we've done similar before?
[21:57:49] <Toprawa> It's not a GAN
[21:57:54] <Toprawa> It's an existing GA up for Redux
[21:57:55] <Ayrehead02> *While it's a FAN sorry
[21:58:06] <Ayrehead02> Typo
[21:58:20] <Toprawa> I'm not sure I understand your question
[21:58:42] <Toprawa> The Redux has to be resolved one way or the other, either successfully or as a failure
[21:58:43] <Ayrehead02> Eh it doesn't really matter in terms of this vote
[21:58:52] <Toprawa> Our options are either to vote to support it or vote to remove it
[21:59:10] <Toprawa> But we should wait to see how the nominator wants to handle it
[21:59:14] <Ayrehead02> In this case yes, I was speaking more generally
[21:59:17] <Toprawa> Presumably he will want to take it to FAN
[21:59:24] <Toprawa> So then we just remove the Redux as a failure
[21:59:31] <Toprawa> In which case it loses its GA status, but then he can FAN it
[22:00:27] <Toprawa> Ayrehead, you should note whether this motion formally passed or not
[22:00:30] <Ayrehead02> Yeah I agree for this article, I was speaking about stuff that hadn't been put on Redux
[22:00:52] <Ayrehead02> Yeah sorry, was just finishing discussion
[22:00:56] <Toprawa> Well, existing GAs can be nominated for FAN, of course
[22:01:20] <Toprawa> I suppose if one was under current probation it could be too
[22:01:26] <Toprawa> It's just kind of a paperwork headache
[22:01:30] <Ayrehead02> In that case, Tope's second motion passes with 7 votes
[22:01:39] <Ayrehead02> And so Tope is 2/2 beating even Fan
[22:01:42] <Toprawa> YUS
[22:01:44] <Ayrehead02> Congratulations
[22:01:53] <Toprawa> Thank you, all
[22:02:11] <Ayrehead02> That brings us to an end, thanks for coming everyone
[22:02:37] <Toprawa> Meeting duties
[22:02:48] <Ayrehead02> Fred gets a double whammy for 115
[22:02:53] <Toprawa> Does he?
[22:02:59] <Toprawa> I think Imperators is actually up for it
[22:03:15] <Ayrehead02> Let me finish, Imperators is on paperwork for 114
[22:03:19] <Ayrehead02> :p
[22:03:27] <Toprawa> Ooh, sorry
[22:03:55] <MasterFred> Awesome. Hopefully I can make my own meeting. XD
[22:04:00] <Ayrehead02> No worries
[22:04:14] <Ayrehead02> And with that I must love you and leave you, as the pub calls
[22:04:29] <Toprawa> Thanks, Ayrehead. Good job.
[22:04:41] <MasterFred> Thanks, Ayre. Have fun at the pub.
[22:04:41] <Ayrehead02> Good work on finding us articles
[22:04:52] <Ayrehead02> Night all!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.