AC Meeting Twenty-One. Saturday, April 17th. 4:00 PM EST. Attend or die. As usual, if you should choose not to attend, please leave notes. Add to the meeting agenda as needed.
Article from Meeting 20:
Add to as needed.
- U-E - redlink issues. Plus I don't really know what reference 3 is supposed to mean. If that's an article from the Omnibus, perhaps it needs its own article? Toprawa and Ralltiir 19:00, March 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Discuss changing the 3 week nom inactivity rule to 2 weeks. Jonjedigrandmaster (We seed the stars) 22:08, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Implementation of Rule 1 more strictly with the removal poorly-written noms. Jonjedigrandmaster (We seed the stars) 22:08, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
- ZOMG very important!! Discuss adding a limit of 24 hours to snowball noms, like on the FAN page. Chack Jadson (Talk) 23:55, April 3, 2010 (UTC)
I see a lot of people that edit the GAN page (as well as the FAN page) by clicking the section edit links next to the vote counts rather than edit links next to the article name. This makes it difficult to see which nomination has been edited in recent changes and watchlists, as the edit summary shows the vote count rather than the article name. I propose to remove the edit links next to the vote counts by creating those headers with HTML markup rather than wikicode, like this:
(0 ACs/0 Users/0 Total)
This leaves the vote count in the TOC to provide a quick overview of the page, but makes reading watchlists and recent changes easier by forcing users to use the edit link next to the article name. —Master Jonathan(Jedi Council Chambers) 17:14, April 4, 2010 (UTC)
- While the Inq and AC reviewing bodies have made minor formatting adjustments to the nomination pages on their own, I'd just as soon take something like this to a CT. Toprawa and Ralltiir 18:00, April 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Jonjedigrandmaster (We seed the stars) 22:08, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
- I dare not die. Toprawa and Ralltiir 22:21, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
- "Yes, sir," while snapping a smart salute. Cylka-talk- 22:26, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Provisional. Aside from possible Australian female interactions, I am moving shortly and can't guarantee I will have internet at home at the time until they connect me. - Cavalier One(Squadron channel) 23:12, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
- On a scale of 1 to 10, about Ichabod Crane. Chack Jadson (Talk) 23:52, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Most likely. Grand Moff Tranner (Comlink) 23:55, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Hopefully. CC7567 (talk) 19:33, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
- It's unlikely, though I'll try to make it. I will leave notes before the meeting. Grunny (talk) 23:38, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
Notes from the non-attendersEdit
- Kelbis Nu – Haven't had a chance to read over it so I'll give my vote on it to Tope.
- Probe U-E.
- Support changing the 3 week nom inactivity rule to 2 weeks.
- I agree we should be implementing Rule 1 more strictly with the removal poorly-written noms.
- Not really fussed on adding a 24 hour limit to snowball noms. On the rare occasion an article gets 5 AC votes in less than that, I don't see a need for a hold up, but can understand why it might be useful. Grunny (talk) 09:03, April 10, 2010 (UTC)
- In case I can't get on IRC:
- Keep Kelbis Nu
- Probe U-E
- Support changing the 3 week inactivity rule to 2 weeks.
- Support implementing Rule 1 more strictly by removing poorly-written noms.
- Support the 24 hour limit to snowball noms, although I don't know if getting 5 AC votes in under 24 hours is physically possible :P. Jonjedigrandmaster (We seed the stars) 13:18, April 10, 2010 (UTC)
- The following article escaped probation:
- Tranner volunteered for post-meeting paperwork
- The GAN nomination inactivity limit is now 2 weeks, changed from 3 weeks
- AC has agreed to more strictly enforce GAN Rule 1 for lacking nominations
- Nominations will now be required to remain on the page for a minimum of 24 hours, including those that may have received the required number of votes to be snowballed off the page in less time
- A successful nomination will now be required to secure at least 2 AC support votes, changed from 1, effective immediately. (Post-meeting consensus reached)