Tentative meeting outlineEdit
Note: If the meeting goes too much over an hour some of the topics can be held off until future meetings.
Discussion about the EduCorps bylaws page.
- A nomination can be removed by three EduCorps votes for extraneous reasons outside of idleness.
- A nomination that has had objections unaddressed for a week can be removed with three EduCorps votes
- A invalid objection or one that has been addressed for over a week can be struck with three EduCorps votes
- Note: This vote can also be obtained over IRC with a note being left on the nomination page.
- Discussion about the CTs and SH threads created by the last meeting.
- Discuss whether we want to be able to remove CAs that are well over 250 words with three EduCorps votes.
- Discuss EduCorps members and meeting scheduling.
- Discussion about sourcing the behind the scenes section. (At Supreme Emperor's request)
- Description of in-universe paintings (How much is necessary?):
Note: I tried to limit this list to the articles that were furthest away from the standards established by CA rules.
- 90,000 BBY (Source tag)
- Alchenaut (Over 250 words)
- Attatag Gosem (Cade thought that information on his clothing should be added, but Menkooroo said that: "It's not necessary. Some people choose to include it in CAs in order to beef up the word count, but it's not necessary to say "S/he wore this type of clothing on one occasion." You'll find a lot of other status articles that don't mention stuff like that at all. There was a debate about this on the CAN page back in 2011, and the consensus was that it's completely optional.")
- Caramm V (ROTHC update required)
- Clone Wars Painting (clone trooper) (233 words, needs an intro)
- DX-300 traffic package (More information can be added to the body from the quote. It also needs an infobox.)
- Flash (TOR update required)
- Frex Junara (Waiting for GAN slot, involves SWG dating problem)
- Galactic Solutions Industries (Way, way over 250 words)
- Geniserian sand monkey (Jorrk redlink, also waiting for GAN slot)
- Grahuur (Waiting for GAN slot)
- Grivooga (230 words, needs an intro)
- Gungan dunk tank (Over 250 words)
- Holding Back the Tide (249 words, needs an intro)
- Morodin homeworld (Cavalier One thought that this article has issues last December.)
- Nam'ta (Over 250 words, failed GAN)
- Plasmajack (TOR update required)
- Siin Suub (Over 250 words)
- Solanus (238 words, needs an intro)
- Star Forge Robe (Some information in the body seems too much like game mechanics)
- Taunt (TOR update required)
- Unidentified Theed Palace librarian (250 words)
- Yan-than (My paperback of The Cestus Deception has "Yanthan", and the article needs an infobox)
I figure that this will be enough to keep the meeting busy. If anyone has any others that they think should be taken care of at the meeting, please add it to the list and give reasons for why it does not meet CA standards.--Exiled Jedi (Greetings) 05:56, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Andray --- I just found this article while doing some research on the Remnant. I didn't realize it was a recent CAN until after I had picked it apart, so sorry for failing to catch this while it was on the CAN page this week. Anyway: There's some info from Specter that could be said about this guy based on him being a Moff, namely that he governs one of the Remnant's eight Outer Rim sectors and that he commands a sector fleet. The article also doesn't mention where the meeting with Pellaeon takes place (Bastion), and it could use a P&T based on the info from the leading quote (his agreement with the Emperor about diversity being bad). A note at the end that Pellaeon's peace talks eventually came to fruition wouldn't be amiss either. Some expansion and sectioning could and should bring this article over 250 words. Menkooroo (talk) 15:44, September 21, 2013 (UTC)
Meeting sign-up listEdit
- Exiled Jedi (Greetings) 05:56, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
- As with the last meeting, i'd like to attend. Supreme Emperor (talk) 12:01, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
- CC7567 (talk) 13:45, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Probably. IFYLOFD (Enter the Floydome) 17:11, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Cade Calrayn 18:06, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
- We'll see if I can actually make it this time... >.< 501st dogma(talk) 19:58, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
- 1358 (Talk) 20:45, September 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 21:07, September 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, it's a Sunday morning for me where I live so I'll be out. Commander Code-8 You lost the game! 22:11, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, it's a Saturday afternoon for me where I live so I'll be out. JangFett (Talk) 19:31, September 21, 2013 (UTC)
- 501st dogma
- Master Fredcerique
- Supreme Emperor (Guest)
- Toprawa and Ralltiir
CA status keptEdit
- It was decided not to remove CA status from CAs over 250 words.
- It was decided that the CA system should use an AC-style redux page.
- It was decided that CAs that received a 100 word expansion should be taken to the redux page.
- It was decided to move the meetings to a bi-weekly schedule until the current problems have been resolved.
- It was decided that the EC should look in to setting up a Consensus Track to disallow self nominations for the EduCorps.
- Exiledjedi does paperwork, Toprawa and Ralltiir schedules Meeting 3.