[21:01:26] <Tommy-Macaroni> Welcome, then, to EC meeting 51
[21:01:51] <Tommy-Macaroni> Ayrehead02, ecks, exiledjedi, MasterFred, QGJ_, Tommy-Macaroni
[21:02:01] <Tommy-Macaroni> So, starting with old articles
[21:02:14] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:02:18] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:02:22] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:02:55] <MasterFred> Ugh, stuff was done but nobody commented on the review page.
[21:03:26] <Tommy-Macaroni> Still issues too, that Solo date doesn't work
[21:03:40] <Ayrehead02> Extend? Or just kill?
[21:03:41] <Tommy-Macaroni> Intro needs to be expanded
[21:03:48] <MasterFred> And the Bts is now just a prose version of the appearances/sources.
[21:03:55] <QGJ_> I'd say just kill it
[21:04:18] <Tommy-Macaroni> An attempt was made, but if they can't be bothered to update the review page
[21:04:45] <Ayrehead02> It's probably gonna go to AC anyway isn't it?
[21:04:49] <Tommy-Macaroni> Also more context is needed
[21:05:01] <MasterFred> I'd say we should, to be fair, extend.
[21:05:14] <Tommy-Macaroni> I agree
[21:05:16] <MasterFred> They "addressed" all the issues. They just caused more issues in the process.
[21:05:16] <Ayrehead02> Sure
[21:05:18] <exiledjedi> Was the last objection handled?
[21:05:25] <QGJ_> Seems like it was
[21:05:34] <Tommy-Macaroni> I don't know what CP meant there
[21:06:05] <MasterFred> Yeah, not sure what CP is referring to.
[21:06:08] <Tommy-Macaroni> 231 words
[21:06:17] <exiledjedi> I'm fine with extending though.
[21:06:27] <Tommy-Macaroni> I could see it as a GAN
[21:06:27] <QGJ_> Maybe since it was just regurgitating the sources list?
[21:06:27] <Tommy-Macaroni> Yeah, extend
[21:06:33] <Tommy-Macaroni> Hopefully for the last time
[21:06:36] <QGJ_> Extend then
[21:06:53] <MasterFred> Extend
[21:07:05] <Tommy-Macaroni> Mud Jumpers extended
[21:07:36] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:07:41] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:07:47] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:07:52] <QGJ_> Yes, this little guy
[21:08:20] <QGJ_> So, to give some context. As I was digging through the game files to find some audio clips for the article
[21:08:40] <QGJ_> I noticed that all folders that refer to this droid are titled R5-D2
[21:09:05] <QGJ_> I spoke with Toprawa regarding this. He thinks it's enough justification to merge the two articles
[21:09:14] <MasterFred> I would agree
[21:09:25] <Ayrehead02> Makes sense to me
[21:09:28] <Tommy-Macaroni> Same
[21:09:32] <exiledjedi> Makes sense, I think we have done the same in similar situations in the past.
[21:10:08] <Tommy-Macaroni> What do we do in regards to status then?
[21:10:12] <MasterFred> As long as nothing about the droid contradicts in any major way with existing R5-D2 information, I see no reason to believe they are not the same droid.
[21:10:17] <MasterFred> kill and merge
[21:10:24] <Ayrehead02> Kill and merge
[21:10:28] <QGJ_> kill and merge
[21:10:33] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:10:47] <exiledjedi> kill / merge
[21:10:57] <Tommy-Macaroni> Unidentified Tatooine astromech droid killed
[21:11:01] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:11:06] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:11:10] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:11:30] <QGJ_> 251 words
[21:11:31] <QGJ_> rip
[21:11:47] <Tommy-Macaroni> f
[21:11:56] <MasterFred> Yeah, did you wanna take it to the GAN, QGJ? :P
[21:12:03] <QGJ_> I might
[21:12:05] <Ayrehead02> If so we leave status
[21:12:05] <QGJ_> at some point
[21:12:10] <Ayrehead02> But if your aren
[21:12:19] <Ayrehead02> *aren't going to we'll kill it
[21:12:29] <MasterFred> Yeah, if everything is fixed, we also don't remove status for going over the word limit.
[21:12:58] <QGJ_> oh, what the hell, I'll GAN it
[21:13:13] <MasterFred> It should ideally be taken to the GAN, but I don't believe we kill CAs for going over 250 words.
[21:13:16] <MasterFred> Hurray!
[21:13:23] <Tommy-Macaroni> Keep, then
[21:13:27] <MasterFred> keep
[21:13:28] <Ayrehead02> Keep
[21:13:33] <exiledjedi> Keep
[21:13:41] <QGJ_> keep
[21:13:48] <Tommy-Macaroni> Shi'kar kept
[21:13:54] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:13:57] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:14:01] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:14:08] <Tommy-Macaroni> No change
[21:14:10] <Tommy-Macaroni> Kill
[21:14:12] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:14:13] <QGJ_> easy kill
[21:14:17] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:14:17] <MasterFred> kill
[21:14:39] <Tommy-Macaroni> Adler Roty killed
[21:14:39] <Tommy-Macaroni> nice
[21:14:39] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:14:39] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:14:43] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:15:13] <QGJ_> I believe I got everything
[21:15:18] <Ayrehead02> QGJ you've been going to task saving these things
[21:15:30] <Tommy-Macaroni> Agreed
[21:15:32] <QGJ_> This city needs a hero
[21:15:34] <Tommy-Macaroni> I see no isses
[21:15:44] <MasterFred> It's a keep for me.
[21:15:47] <QGJ_> keep
[21:16:01] <Tommy-Macaroni> keep
[21:16:04] <exiledjedi> keep
[21:16:07] <Ayrehead02> Keep
[21:16:09] <MasterFred> I do prefer to see articles fixed, even if it's more work for us. haha
[21:16:16] <MasterFred> If only because it's better for the reader.
[21:16:18] <Tommy-Macaroni> Angry machine kept
[21:16:26] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:16:30] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:16:34] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:17:10] <QGJ_> Stuff needs to be done still. It would require some research on the timeframe that the story takes place
[21:17:21] <QGJ_> I couldn't be bothered to do this, honestly
[21:17:34] <Ayrehead02> So Kill?
[21:17:36] <QGJ_> Unless someone else wants to fix this, I don't mind killing this
[21:17:38] <Tommy-Macaroni> Are you happy for it to be killed
[21:17:43] <Tommy-Macaroni> Kill, then
[21:17:46] <QGJ_> kill
[21:17:46] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:17:50] <MasterFred> execute it
[21:17:56] <Tommy-Macaroni> Aplocaph killed
[21:18:11] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:18:15] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:18:19] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:18:26] <Tommy-Macaroni> No change
[21:18:27] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:18:31] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:18:33] <MasterFred> kill
[21:18:35] <QGJ_> kill
[21:18:37] <exiledjedi> Kill
[21:18:39] <Tommy-Macaroni> Aramb killed
[21:18:44] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:18:48] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:18:51] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:19:00] <Tommy-Macaroni> no change
[21:19:01] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:19:09] <exiledjedi> kill
[21:19:10] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:19:12] <QGJ_> kill
[21:19:15] <MasterFred> kill
[21:19:23] <Tommy-Macaroni> Atrivis Advancer killed
[21:19:28] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:19:30] <MasterFred> Can someone tell AL-BRT to please communicate on the review page, though? :P
[21:19:36] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:19:41] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:19:47] <MasterFred> kill
[21:19:51] <Tommy-Macaroni> no change
[21:19:53] <Tommy-Macaroni> kill
[21:19:57] <QGJ_> kill
[21:20:03] <Ayrehead02> Kill
[21:20:05] <QGJ_> Now we're on a roll
[21:20:09] <exiledjedi> kill
[21:20:12] <Tommy-Macaroni> Aubin Kleej's mother killed
[21:20:20] <Tommy-Macaroni> Damn I was gonna have that later
[21:20:34] <Tommy-Macaroni> Okay, onto new stuff
[21:21:12] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:21:21] <Tommy-Macaroni> These edits. The article currently variously calls the medium an "article" and a "novella." But most importantly, if the medium was cancelled, a link to its text on some external site should be provided in the article.
[21:21:21] <Tommy-Macaroni> Use of the pronoun "this" in article body should be avoided per the past tense requirement. Imperators II(Talk) 15:49, November 20, 2018 (UTC)
[21:21:29] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:22:06] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:22:07] <QGJ_> Not sure about this date ref either
[21:22:38] <Tommy-Macaroni> Yeah
[21:22:40] <Tommy-Macaroni> Probe
[21:22:41] <QGJ_> probe
[21:22:49] <exiledjedi> probe
[21:22:55] <MasterFred> probe
[21:22:58] <Tommy-Macaroni> Felloux probed
[21:23:06] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:23:10] <MasterFred> It's referenced to the NEC, so it could be legit.
[21:23:13] <Tommy-Macaroni> This edit, besides adding unsourced information only partially supported by the article's body, has also pointed out that the article is, indeed, missing a mention of the subject's color in the infobox (which I believe should include the brown elements mentioned in the body, BTW). Imperators II(Talk) 15:53, November 20, 2018 (UTC)
[21:23:17] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:24:39] <QGJ_> probe
[21:24:43] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:24:46] <Tommy-Macaroni> Probe
[21:24:48] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:25:04] <MasterFred> probe
[21:25:04] <Tommy-Macaroni> Star Forge Robe probed
[21:25:11] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:25:19] <Tommy-Macaroni> Recent edits need to be cleaned up, including a rewording of the body.
[21:25:19] <Tommy-Macaroni> Grid coordinate is infobox-exclusive.
[21:25:19] <Tommy-Macaroni> BTS needs a rewrite:
[21:25:19] <Tommy-Macaroni> Information about the subject's first Canon appearances should precede any corresponding info regarding Legends continuity.
[21:25:19] <Tommy-Macaroni> The laundry list of the Ultimate Star Wars authors is unnecessary, and so is the full publication date with its extraneous reference.
[21:25:20] <Tommy-Macaroni> The article currently (and confusingly) mentions "Podracer pilot" (note the capitalization as well as terminology) in the body and "podracer" in BTS. I feel some consistency is needed.
[21:25:20] <Tommy-Macaroni> Context for Episode I should be presented earlier in the relevant sentence.
[21:25:21] <Tommy-Macaroni> Given the abovementioned recent edits, I believe the BTS should note that in the Legends continuity, Toong'L was the original homeworld of the Toong, who subsequently emmigrated to Tund. Imperators II(Talk) 16:04, November 20, 2018 (UTC)
[21:25:21] <Tommy-Macaroni> The image should be rescanned in higher quality and with a wider crop providing some contextual information about the planet's placement. Imperators II(Talk) 16:05, November 20, 2018 (UTC)
[21:25:24] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:26:13] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:26:15] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:26:19] <MasterFred> probe
[21:26:21] <QGJ_> probe
[21:26:29] <Tommy-Macaroni> probe
[21:26:40] <Tommy-Macaroni> Tund probed
[21:26:48] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:26:54] <Tommy-Macaroni> This edit introduces infobox-exclusive information.
[21:26:54] <Tommy-Macaroni> P&T quote is missing punctuation. Imperators II(Talk) 16:07, November 20, 2018 (UTC)
[21:27:00] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:27:30] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:27:35] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:27:37] <Tommy-Macaroni> probe
[21:27:37] <MasterFred> probe
[21:27:47] <QGJ_> probe
[21:27:48] <Tommy-Macaroni> Nack Movers/Legends probed
[21:27:52] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:27:58] <Tommy-Macaroni> Recent edits need to be verified for accuracy. If they're legit, the article will require a major overhaul. Imperators II(Talk) 16:10, November 20, 2018 (UTC)
[21:28:02] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:28:06] <Tommy-Macaroni> Probe
[21:28:21] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:28:29] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:28:31] <QGJ_> probe
[21:28:49] <MasterFred> probe
[21:28:52] <Tommy-Macaroni> Tulak Hord's lightsaber probed
[21:28:57] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:29:04] <Tommy-Macaroni> "the concept art gallery" of what?
[21:29:04] <Tommy-Macaroni> "the Honor Guards" the definite article is not used in the rest of the article.
[21:29:05] <Tommy-Macaroni> "other very similar caped Senate Guards" this needs some punctuation work, and where did those Senate Guards appear in?
[21:29:05] <Tommy-Macaroni> "thus are only known to appear in "Senate Murders."" Whether this sentence is even relevant depends on the answer to the previous point.
[21:29:05] <Tommy-Macaroni> "a comparison is made" no it isn't, it's just two separate concept art images. Imperators II(Talk) 16:21, November 20, 2018 (UTC)
[21:29:22] <Tommy-Macaroni> A recent one
[21:29:35] <Tommy-Macaroni> Oh, and:
[21:29:38] <Tommy-Macaroni> This requires some further work.
[21:29:42] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:30:04] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:30:07] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:30:09] <QGJ_> probe
[21:30:11] <Tommy-Macaroni> Probe
[21:30:35] <MasterFred> probe
[21:30:47] <Tommy-Macaroni> Honor Guard probed
[21:31:03] <Tommy-Macaroni> Some stuff from the maintenance bin:
[21:31:09] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:31:13] <Tommy-Macaroni> Update needed
[21:31:23] <Tommy-Macaroni> Probe
[21:31:31] <QGJ_> also redlink
[21:31:33] <QGJ_> probe
[21:31:35] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:31:37] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:31:45] <MasterFred> Source just passed a month
[21:31:47] <MasterFred> so probe
[21:31:59] <Tommy-Macaroni> Kalevala probed
[21:32:20] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:32:24] <Tommy-Macaroni> Update needed
[21:32:32] <exiledjedi> BTS unsourced.
[21:32:43] <Tommy-Macaroni> Grid coordinate infobox exclusive
[21:33:04] <Tommy-Macaroni> Porbe
[21:33:05] <Ayrehead02> Doesn't the date need more explanation?
[21:33:07] <MasterFred> Ahhhh, the Great (Exiled)Jedi Purge.
[21:33:08] <Ayrehead02> Porbe
[21:33:08] <Tommy-Macaroni> *probe, even
[21:33:26] <MasterFred> probe
[21:33:26] <QGJ_> Agreed, regarding the ref date
[21:33:28] <QGJ_> probe
[21:33:33] <exiledjedi> Yeah, the date does need more explanation.
[21:33:35] <exiledjedi> probe
[21:33:40] <Tommy-Macaroni> Ulicia probed
[21:33:51] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:33:52] <Tommy-Macaroni> Update
[21:34:09] <Tommy-Macaroni> Another date issue here, I believe
[21:34:27] <QGJ_> yep
[21:34:28] <Ayrehead02> Probably could have the paragraph split
[21:34:28] <MasterFred> Yeah, expand the date ref
[21:34:34] <Tommy-Macaroni> Probe
[21:34:34] <MasterFred> ^
[21:34:36] <MasterFred> probe
[21:34:40] <Ayrehead02> Probe
[21:34:43] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:34:45] <QGJ_> probe
[21:34:48] <Tommy-Macaroni> Qade probed
[21:34:58] <Tommy-Macaroni>
[21:35:01] <Tommy-Macaroni> Update
[21:35:13] <Tommy-Macaroni> Date ref needed
[21:35:16] <exiledjedi> BTS unsourced.
[21:35:32] <Ayrehead02> Hey wait this is mine
[21:35:36] <Tommy-Macaroni> heh
[21:35:40] <Ayrehead02> Crap guess I'll have to fix it up
[21:35:47] <exiledjedi> Probe
[21:35:47] <Ayrehead02> But yeah Probe
[21:35:52] <MasterFred> +probe
[21:35:53] <QGJ_> probe
[21:35:55] <Tommy-Macaroni> Italics in infobox
[21:36:02] <Tommy-Macaroni> And starship isn't a class
[21:36:03] <Tommy-Macaroni> Probe
[21:36:11] <Tommy-Macaroni> Rafe's Gambit probed
[21:36:43] <Tommy-Macaroni> All right, does anyone have any discussion items?
[21:36:48] <QGJ_> Yeah
[21:36:55] <Tommy-Macaroni> Ooh!
[21:36:59] <Tommy-Macaroni> The floor is yours
[21:37:00] <Ayrehead02> Do share
[21:37:27] * MasterFred is intrigued.
[21:37:31] <QGJ_> I was going to propose introducing some sort of cutoff word limit at which a CA would lose its status
[21:37:53] <QGJ_> Because it seems silly that a CA could technically be expanded to be over 1000 words
[21:37:59] <QGJ_> and still be a CA
[21:38:08] <Ayrehead02> To be honest I've never seen why we grandfather everything in
[21:38:15] <Tommy-Macaroni> That seems reasonable
[21:38:24] <Ayrehead02> Seems uncharacteristically charitable for us
[21:38:32] <exiledjedi> Well, technically if it was expanded that much a redux would kick it out, but okay.
[21:38:45] <Tommy-Macaroni> Thats actually a good point
[21:39:06] <QGJ_> I would say that if it goes over 500 words, it loses its status. No review needed
[21:39:09] <MasterFred> I had been thinking about sending CAs that surpass the 250 word limit to a type of GA redux.
[21:39:35] <Ayrehead02> Huh, that might make sense
[21:40:04] <MasterFred> Send it to the GAN via redux, let the ACs review it, if it passes redux, it becomes a GA, if not, it loses status.
[21:40:19] <QGJ_> Ok, seems like a good solution
[21:40:28] <Ayrehead02> I'd support that
[21:40:36] <exiledjedi> Okay, I could see that working, but we probably need to have that discussion at the next AC meeting.
[21:40:43] <MasterFred> I agree.
[21:40:47] <Ayrehead02> True
[21:40:49] <exiledjedi> Since 3 of our ACs aren't here.
[21:40:58] <QGJ_> If it falls back below 250 words during a redux review, it remains a CA then, correct?
[21:41:05] <MasterFred> If we get EC support here, we can bring it up in the next AC meeting and get AC support.
[21:41:10] <Tommy-Macaroni> Yeah they are though
[21:41:11] <Ayrehead02> I suppose so
[21:41:15] <Tommy-Macaroni> Me, Ayre and Fred
[21:41:23] <Tommy-Macaroni> But the meeting is fine by me
[21:41:26] <MasterFred> and EJ
[21:41:36] <Tommy-Macaroni> Yeah
[21:41:39] <MasterFred> But Tope, Imperators, and ecks aren't here.
[21:41:41] <Ayrehead02> Fred's saying that there are others who aren't, not that we don't meet a minimum
[21:41:46] <Tommy-Macaroni> I was thinking of SE
[21:41:53] <Tommy-Macaroni> Sure
[21:42:09] <QGJ_> Cool, and one minor thing from me
[21:42:11] <Tommy-Macaroni> Oh right I misunderstood
[21:42:19] <Tommy-Macaroni> Shoot
[21:42:25] <MasterFred> Yeah, I'll bring it up at the next AC meeting, assuming I make it to that one.
[21:42:27] <QGJ_> The paperwork/meeting planning schedule needs to be update to include me :p
[21:42:33] <MasterFred> XD
[21:42:38] <Tommy-Macaroni> And me :P
[21:42:49] <Tommy-Macaroni> Although you didn't have to suggest that :P
[21:42:50] <MasterFred> Why would you remind us of this? You could've had such an easy life here. XD
[21:43:00] <Ayrehead02> Kind of you both to volunteer to handle it for this meeting :P
[21:43:01] <QGJ_> I'm a glutton for punishment
[21:43:02] <Tommy-Macaroni> It isn't a good thing
[21:43:03] * Tommy-Macaroni sighs
[21:43:36] <Tommy-Macaroni> We're nearly at the end of the cycle, so shall we update it after that?
[21:43:45] <MasterFred> QGJ, wanna do paperwork for this meeting? You can always ask on here for help with anything.
[21:43:55] <QGJ_> Yeah, sure.
[21:44:08] <MasterFred> Or we can start with the new cycle, sure.
[21:44:21] <Tommy-Macaroni> Your choice, QG
[21:44:28] <Tommy-Macaroni> I don't mind either way
[21:44:39] <QGJ_> I'll do the paperwork this time
[21:44:50] <Tommy-Macaroni> Excellent
[21:45:01] <Tommy-Macaroni> No more discussion items, then?
[21:45:07] <exiledjedi> I'm good.
[21:45:11] <MasterFred> I'm good.
[21:45:16] <Ayrehead02> Same
[21:45:27] <QGJ_> Same
[21:45:27] <Tommy-Macaroni> Great
[21:45:39] <Tommy-Macaroni> QGJ is on paperwork
[21:45:57] <Tommy-Macaroni> Meeting 52 to be scheduled by Imperators II
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.