Or maybe Meeting Nine. The fact that we don't know should say something.
It apparently has been a while, and apparently, that's bad. Plus we have some new things to contemplate, cogitate, adjudicate, and masticate.
- Return of the Revenge of the Atarumaster. Ataru is thinking about maybe, temporarily, rejoining. Terms and conditions apply.
- He Asks the Impossible! We Need More Men! Electing some new Inqs to compensate for Inq stagnation. Maybe a lot more Inqs. Some names have been bandied in IRC, but I won't bandy them here.
- With Our Combined Strength, We Can END This Annoying Double-Voting. It's proposed that FA pages and Inq pages be combined into one per article, rather than the current two.
- Your Lack of Closure Is Your Weakness. Somehow, all the talk pages and articles of stripped FAs never got that memo. Meaning no one changed them. That should be updated. Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 14:30, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
- I think. Gonk (Gonk!) 15:35, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
- Will be there. Puts on Guy Fawkes mask. Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 13:17, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- I'll try, but there's some lunch thing that afternoon I have to be at for a bit. —Xwing328(Talk) 19:08, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
- This page has far too much personality. I must object. Havac 05:59, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
- Jaina Solo (Talk) 00:57, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
Have Lives, or Other Allegedly Good Reasons to Not AttendEdit
- --Eyrezer 04:17, 6 July 2007 (UTC) I'll be in Sydney for a conference so won't be at the meeting.
- Green Tentacle (Talk) 14:54, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
Votes/Thoughts/Ideas from AbsenteesEdit
- I think it would be good if some more of the Inqs could be active. If you don't feel you have the time, that is fine, but let the rest know.
- I'd also like to clarify what we should do about noms that are blatantly not ready. Ie the current Skywalker nom. Delete straight away as part of our prerogative? Leave for a week? Etc.
- I also noted that neither Galactic Republic Chancery election, 32 BBY nor Stark Hyperspace War are sourced, yet are currently FAs. I'm not sure how this was missed the first time through, but they should be stripped of their status until sourced.
- I'm unaware of the proposal re double voting, but I think the current system works fine. Also, hopefully people have noticed the counter on the Inq page showing which noms are close to approval. --Eyrezer 12:28, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- Given that it's become clear that real life is likely to interfere with even the most dedicated Inquisitor I think we do need to recruit some more. I think the idea of having a maximum number of Inqs should go and it should be open to anybody who has shown that they can be trusted to actually read the articles and spot areas for improvement. As long as we can say that five people have supported after checking it carefully and nobody has objected I don't think we need to worry about the ratio of voted to not voted. The bandied names are fine by me.
- Another advantage to scrapping the "we must have 12, no more" idea is that we wouldn't have to vote on every nom. It should be more a case of when you do vote it counts. That way, people like Ataru, who have certain subjects that they don't want to read about can still be Inqs. I think it's silly that Ataru and StarNeptune no longer count towards Inq votes because they resigned—are they any less trusted to have read the article than they used to be? If we get enough members to be able to relax the responsibilities like that, I would hope that might persuade some former Inqs to agree to return. Even if people don't agree with this, I support Ataru returning either temporarily or permanently.
- Getting rid of the double voting is a good idea too. Having two sets of votes is quite redundant so I'd like to see the main FA vote reorganized like the Inq one is currently. Each nom should get its own page which contains both the Inq and normal votes. It's less for us to have to remember (and I have noticed a few times when Inqs have only voted in one place), it's less to archive since we currently archive both votes on separate pages, and it makes the whole Inq process a little more obvious to everybody else. Ataru's idea of distinguishing Inqs from the others sounds good to me but I wouldn't mind two separate votes on the one page either. </rant> Green Tentacle (Talk) 14:54, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- Atarumaster88, StarNeptune: Reinstated as Inquisitors
- Greyman: Instated as Inquisitor
- SillyDan: Unanimous approval to be instated as Inquisitor. Has yet to accept nomination.
- Solus, Chack Jadson, Goodwood, QuentinGeorge, McEwok: Objections; not instated as Inquisitors
- Maximum Limit on Number of Inquisitors: Implicitly abandoned
- Motion to Permit Inqs to Abstain Votes: No objections
- Motion to Merge Inq FA Nom Pages into Regular FA Nom Pages: Approved
- FA Removal: Lumiya, Galactic Republic Chancery election, 32 BBY (probation), Stark Hyperspace War (probation)