Meeting Twelve will mark the first of the agreed-upon regular monthly meetings of the Inquisitorius, and will hopefully be short and sweet.
I only have one article so far in mind, so please add more to the Agenda, if anyone sees anything they want discussed!
New Inqs are on my mind, but I think a system for weeding them out would be pretty helpful. This isn't a CT, this is us, so it doesn't have to be overly rigid or followed to the letter.
Anything else that the Inqs feel need to be added to the agenda, by all means, add away! Meeting Twelve will be on October 20th/21st. Due to Daylight Savings Time, which will still be in effect, this is 8PM Eastern Time.
Expand as needed
- Review Gantu. Several different opinions have come up regarding his worthiness, and so discussion and a vote might help.
- Discuss a New Inq Nominee review system. While no one exactly jumps out at the moment, there are some future possibilities, and perhaps proposing at one meeting, watching the nominee for a month, and then appointing/rejecting them would be a good system.
- Quote Requirement. It's dumb. Discuss.
- Selective Inqing. Some members only Inq when they see fit. That's not quite the idea. Once again, discuss.
- Reviewing articles before they go up on the main page. If an article has fallen out of date since ascension, and it is about to go up on the main page, what is to be done?
- If an article gets deFAed before it shows up on the main page, it can presumably be mainpaged if it's ever reFAed, right? Is this written down someplace? Are "deFAed" and "reFAed" and "mainpaged" even words? Can we declare them so? (This is sort of a subtopic to the one above.)
- Review Death Star. Really, now.
- Review articles that were placed on probation—kill as needed.
- Review Ulic Qel-Droma.
- Huzzah! Graestan (This party's over) 15:05, 10 October 2007 (UTC)
- Teeth gnashing! Thefourdotelipsis 01:50, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
- Seeing as how I placed an agenda item, it would probably be best to attend. - Lord Hydronium 22:03, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
- With great vengeance and furious anger. Or sugar and spice and sweetness and light. Depends on what kind of chemicals I have in me at the time. -- Darth Culator (Talk) 20:45, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
Will Not AttendEdit
- I might not be able to attend due to previous plans—depending on what happens. Greyman(Paratus) 18:15, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
- Most likely. --Imperialles 15:49, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
- Gotta sleep some time. Green Tentacle (Talk) 23:17, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
Votes/Thoughts/Ideas from AbsenteesEdit
- From Greyman:
- If Gantu is to be discussed, my proxy vote is to remove its nomination.
- Eh, for the new Inq hiring system, I think that's what we've doing all along—just not formally.
- I don't feel the quote requirement is "dumb". If this comes down to a vote, I vote against removing the quote requirement.
- Selective Inq'ing is, from since I've been an Inq, the system. If I remember correctly, it was decided at the meeting where I became an Inq that Inq's were only required to read articles that they wanted to, or had time to. I for one don't have massive amounts of time available to be as active on the site as I was during some of the summer months—as a result, I'll read, and throughly object to if necessary, FAN's that I see lagging in Inq votes. The time that I do have, I spend working on personal projects, and any extra time I read and vote on FAN's and GAN's. I feel that current system is working just fine, and that if someone feels that an FAN is in need of more Inq review, then that's what IRC/talk pages/the Inq IRC channel is for. Most Inqs, when asked, will review any FAN when they have the time.
- Reviewing articles before they go up on the main page. Eh, I'm impartial to this, so I'll concede to whatever is decided upon.
- Kill Death Star. Kill it now.
- Remove FA status of all articles reviewed at last Inq meeting. Ephant Mon might be a exception, however—if "A Hunter's Tale" indeed does not have Mon play any role, then his article needs to reflect that he was "mentioned only" or whatever. If someone at the meeting with a hyperspace account can double check this for the Inq's, that would suffice.
- Place Ulic Qel-Droma on probation for the following reasons:
- Unsourced inforbox
- The picture situation makes me want to throw up.
- The article is severely lacking in detail...severely. For example, if I were to rewrite this, it could easily be three times the current length.
- Whole sections of information and exploits of Ulic are not even mentioned in the article.
- No P&A—now a requirement for Force-sensitive characters per the last Inq meeting.
- Horrible P&T, it should/could be longer and give more depth to the character.
- If Ulic's FA status is removed, then I can make this the main focus of WookieeProject: Tales of the Jedi, and make this into an excellent in-depth article for the site.
- Greyman(Paratus) 18:44, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
- From Imperialles:
- Remove Gantu.
- I see no reason to codify a system.
- Remove the quote requirement.
- I don't think the issue lies with selective inqing, but rather in a large amount of actively contributing yet rarely inqing individuals.
- Review all articles about to be showcased.
- Kill Death Star.
- Kill all articles from the last meeting.
- Kill Ulic Qel-Droma.
- Yes. If the articles in question were not showcased on the main page, it's all good.
- --Imperialles 15:56, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
- From Green Tentacle:
- Review Gantu: Remove.
- Discuss a New Inq Nominee review system: Per Imp and Greyman.
- Quote Requirement: Append "where available" or something.
- Selective Inqing: Pretty much per Greyman.
- Reviewing articles before they go up on the main page: No need to review everything since most will have had no new appearances. But articles about ongoing comic series, etc, do need this.
- Review Death Star: Didn't even know it was featured. Kill it.
- Review articles that were placed on probation: Kill Leia, kill Obi-Wan, haven't really looked at the rest.
- Review Ulic Qel-Droma: Probation per Greyman.
- And the last bit: Sure, why not. Green Tentacle (Talk) 23:17, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
- Dang football season. We'll see if I can make it or not. —Xwing328(Talk) 15:17, 10 October 2007 (UTC)
- Can we actually get the right time here? Last time it started an hour early. Americans: the times in the box are for Standard Time. Add an hour to get the real time. - Lord Hydronium 22:04, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
- Is it just me, or are some of the agenda items strangely familiar from last time? Move to strike all redundant points. Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 06:02, 12 October 2007 (UTC)