This is an archive page. Do not vote here.
This is a sub-page for quotes by Tycho Celchu that have previously been Quote of the Day.
"We'll put that in your biography. General Antilles was so good he couldn't fail when he tried to."
―Tycho Celchu, to Wedge Antilles
―Tycho Celchu, to Wedge Antilles
- Tycho: "I've been reviewing engineering and performance statistics."
- Janson: "What, while we've been maneuvering?"
- Tycho: "Yes, restraining myself so that you could keep up with me has left me plenty of time for intellectual pursuits. I also composed a symphony and drafted a plan to bring peace to the galaxy."
- ―Tycho Celchu and Wes Janson[src]
- Wedge: "I thought maybe you'd be able to do what I never could. Get Wes up to an emotional age of fourteen, maybe fifteen."
- Tycho: "No power in the universe could do that. Not Darth Vader and the dark side of the Force, not the nuclear devastation of an exploding sun."
- ―Wedge Antilles and Tycho Celchu[src]
- Wedge: "Tycho, we're about to achieve a tremendous victory we don't want."
- Tycho: "We'll put that in your biography. General Antilles was so good he couldn't fail when he tried to."
- ―Wedge Antilles and Tycho Celchu dicussing an unexpected turn of events at the Second Battle of Borleias during the Yuuzhan Vong War[src]
- Janson: "They're calling me 'the darling one.' "
Wedge: "Who is?"
Janson: "The court, the crowds. They have tags for us all now, and I'm the darling one. Tycho is 'the doleful one.'
Tycho: "I'm not sad."
Janson: "No, but you look sad. Makes the ladies of Cartann's court want to comfort you. They're so sad about wanting to comfort you that you could comfort them."
Hobbie: "And Tycho the only one of us with a successful relationship with a woman. Missed opportunities, Tycho."
Janson: "Hobbie is 'the dour one.' Not too much romance in that, Hobbie. And Wedge is 'the diligent one.' That may not sound too romantic, Wedge, but 'diligent' has a couple of colloquial meanings here that add to your luster—"
Wedge: "I don't want to know."
—Wes Janson, Wedge Antilles, Tycho Celchu, and Derek "Hobbie" Klivian discuss their nicknames on Adumar[src]
- Janson: "No friends left. We've managed to make everyone hate us."
- Tycho: "I thought that's what you'd been trying to achieve your whole life."
- Janson: "Good point. What am I complaining about? No, wait, I know – they haven't yet erected statues of us to throw rotten fruit at."
- Hobbie: "Give us another day."
- ―Wes Janson, Tycho Celchu, and "Hobbie" Klivian, unpopular on Adumar[src]
- Wedge: "So we send out one squadron an hour or two ahead of each major formation. Pilots skilled at terrain-following flying. They fly beneath the altitude at which lightbounce sensors start to be active and set up in deep cover beneath the projected engagement zone. Because, until they break up to pursue enemies, Cartann squadrons tend to fly in pretty close formations—"
- Janson: "So our advance units can fire their missiles up at their squadrons passing overhead. Perhaps taking out multiple fighters per missile in those first few seconds."
- Hobbie: "Ooh. I volunteer. I want that. Let me do that. Please."
- Wedge: "Have you ever seen behavior like this?"
- Tycho: "Only when he really, really needs to run to the refresher. Hobbie, why?"
- Hobbie: "Because I am sick of it. I'm sick to death of 'Hello, I'm so-and-so and I've killed this many enemies, and I challenge you, and we bow and go by the rules and say cute things to one another, and isn't it nice that we're all dead now?' Tycho, I want to shoot something. I want to blow something up. No apologies. No advance warning. Just lethal efficiency. Before frustration kills me."
- Tycho: "More words than he's strung together at once since I've known him. All right, Hobbie. You'll be in charge of the advance squadron for lead group."
- Janson: "I don't think he's entirely sane right now. I'd better stay with him."
- ―Wedge Antilles, Wes Janson, Derek Klivian, and Tycho Celchu discuss tactics on Adumar[src]
- Wedge: "Surplussed out? Our stuff was sold as surplus?"
- Tycho: "Broken surplus. It was missing parts."
- Wedge: "Such as?"
- Tycho: "PL-1s."
- Wedge: "PL-1s? I've never heard of them."
- Tycho: "That's the designation for pilot."
- ―Tycho Celchu explains to Wedge Antilles the covert assistance they're receiving from the New Republic in their private campaign against Ysanne Isard[src]
(The content of this page is current up to: May 31, 2013)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.