This page is for requests for adminship.
- Nominate yourself;
- Nominate another Wookieepedian (please ensure they accept the nomination first)
Voting will last two weeks, at which time, if the vote is affirmative, the nominee will be granted administrator status.
To view past requests, see the RFA archive.
See also Wookieepedia:Requests for bureaucratship.
There are some basic things to consider when nominating a fellow Wookieepedian (or yourself) for adminship.
- They have an account under a screenname.
- They have actively contributed for at least six months to the wiki.
- They have demonstrated they are willing to take on additional responsibilities to make the community better.
- They have had at least some major article creations.
- They have dealings with other users on a regular basis in a fair, restrained, and constructive manner.
- They have demonstrated an understanding of the community's methods of operation.
- Registered users' votes must have a 2/3rds supermajority for adminship to be accepted.
- Administrators' votes must have a 2/3rds supermajority for adminship to be accepted. (Separated from user votes)
- Bureaucrats' votes must be unanimous for adminship to be accepted.
- Additionally, the nominee may be asked a series of questions by users. While it is not required to answer them, it is strongly encouraged since it may affect how others decide and vote on the RFA.
Here are some general adminship questions. They are 100% optional, so feel free to answer all, some, or none of them. :)
- Why do you want to become an administrator?
- In your opinion, what is the role of an administrator?
- In your view, do administrators hold a technical or political position?
- How do feel admins should use their power/stand in comparison with other users?
- Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- Of your articles or contributions to Wookieepedia, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with?
- How important is it for you to be involved in things such as CT, IDrive, FA, and other community-centered items that involve discussion and voting?
- Do you think admins performing actions (I.e. deletions, blocks, etc.) for reasons not covered on policy should be sanctioned/punished? If so, how?
- What is your policy, if any, of welcoming new users? Should you welcome a new user, do you look at his/her contributions beforehand? What about anonymous IPs?
- How would you react if someone undeleted an article you'd mistakenly speedied? Under what circumstances would you consider it appropriate to undelete an article mistakenly speedied by another administrator, if any, and how would you approach this task?
- How would you react if your user page was vandalized? Under what circumstances would you block the offender? Is there anything else that you would do in this situation?
- Under what circumstances would you consider blocking an established user?
- If you could change any one thing about Wookieepedia, what would it be?
- Would you look at a glass to be half-empty or half-full?
- Do you feel the current blocking policy is too restrictive, not restrictive enough, or OK as it is?
- Have you ever considered becoming a regular visitor to the Wookieepedia IRC chat?
- How do you feel about people who already have some influence on other Star Wars communities (TheForce.Net, StarWars.com) trying to change policies here?
- How many clones do you think fought in the Clone Wars? (Note: You are wrong no matter what answer you give.)
- Who is the most awesome Jedi of all time? (Note: The only correct answer is Kyle Katarn.)
- Are you or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?
- What's more important to you: consensus or policy?