- "Are you all ready to fight?"
"More ready than ever."
- ―"Waxer" and "Wooley"
"Wooley" was a clone trooper who served in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars with the 212th Attack Battalion. He served during the Battle of Ryloth, specifically to help liberate the town of Nabat.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Prisoner of war[edit | edit source]
Early in the Clone Wars, Wooley and several other clones had been taken as prisoners of war by the Separatists and taken to Krystar. There, they would be sold to a Trandoshan hunter. He and his fellow prisoners were then found by Waxer and Boil, who were able to free them and escape to General Kenobi's shuttle. Wooley became part of the Grand Army of the Republic's Ghost Company of the 212th Attack Battalion, serving under Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi and Commander CC-2224 "Cody" early during the war.
Battle of Ryloth[edit | edit source]
- "Not going to be easy getting to those guns, sir."
"There is always a way, Wooley."
- ―Wooley and Commander Cody
After the Outer Rim garrison on Ryloth led by Jedi General Ima-Gun Di and Clone Captain "Keeli" was obliterated by the Separatist Droid Army, Wooley and Ghost Company were dispatched to retake the planet along with forces from the Republic Navy serving under Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and Admiral Wullf Yularen, and the forces of the 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps under Jedi General Mace Windu.
After Skywalker's forces destroyed the Separatist Ryloth blockade, a group of three Acclamator-class transgalactic military assault ships carrying the 212th Attack Battalion and the 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps came out of hyperspace and made for the planet's surface. Members of Ghost Company boarded five LAAT/i gunships and departed from a transport and landed in the outskirts of the city of Nabat after Separatist J-1 proton cannons engaged the Republic transports, critically damaging an assault ship and destroying three gunships.
After Ghost Company managed break through the outer perimeter and establish an outpost, Wooley was accompanying Commander Cody when Jedi General Kenobi ordered him to round up his best men and send them to scout ahead. Commander Cody ordered troopers "Boil" and "Waxer" to go with him, and Wooley followed. After the four patrolled Nabat, Cody split up his men, ordering Boil and Waxer to patrol the south sector, while he and Wooley scouted the courtyard. Eventually, Commander Cody and Wooley discovered that the Twi'lek population of Nabat was being held hostage near the proton cannons as living shields. Staying out of sight, Wooley stated that getting to the guns would not be easy, though Cody remarked that there was always a way.
Eventually, Wooley and Cody returned to the rest of the company and informed Kenobi of their discovery. Boil and Waxer, however, did not return at the designated time, and the company was forced to continue without them. The company soon came under attack by gutkurrs released by Separatist Commander TX-20, though Kenobi managed to trap the gutkurrs in an alley. After the attack, Boil and Waxer emerged from an underground tunnel with Numa, a Twi'lek child, who they encountered during their patrol. With her help, Kenobi devised a plan to defeat Separatist forces in the village and rescue the civilian population.
Ghost Company, including Commander Cody and Wooley created a distraction while Waxer, Boil, and Kenobi freed the prisoners and destroyed the proton cannons, and eventually Republic forces and Twi'lek civilians managed to defeat Separatist forces and destroy TX-20, allowing Jedi General Mace Windu and the other assault ships to land nearby and deploy Republic forces, eventually liberating Ryloth.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
Skills and abilities[edit | edit source]
- "We need to know what the droids have in store for us. Send your best men to scout ahead."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Commander Cody
Wooley was considered to be one of the best soldiers in Ghost Company along with Boil and Waxer. After discovering the Twi'lek hostages, Wooley was doubtful of succeeding in destroying the proton cannons.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "Wooley! We need a medic here!"
- ―A clone trooper calls to Wooley in an altered version of the Battle of Christophsis
Wooley first appeared in the twentieth episode of the first season of the animated TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, "Innocents of Ryloth," which was released on March 6, 2009. As seen in the webisode titled "The Clones Are Coming," which was featured on the The Clone Wars film's Blu-ray release, Wooley was originally mentioned in the film's Battle of Christophsis, as a clone trooper yelled to him that a fellow clone needed a medic. Within the final film, the quote's reference to Wooley was removed.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Adventures: The Clone Wars – Battle Tales 3 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Mentioned only) (Cut)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth" (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- clone troopers are from Kamino, are all human clones, are all males, all are 1.83 meters tall, all have naturally black hair, have tan skin, and serve the Galactic Republic and its Grand Army. Wooley is a clone trooper, according to "Innocents of Ryloth." established that all
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- Star Wars Adventures: The Clone Wars – Battle Tales 3 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Battle Tales 3" defined multiple times with different content
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- The Clones Are Coming webisode featured on the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film Blu-ray release
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film