- "This place is ancient. Like a world between worlds."
- ―Ahsoka Tano
The world between worlds was a mystical plane accessed from the ancient painting of the Mortis gods that decorated the exterior of the planet Lothal's Jedi Temple. It was a collection of doors and pathways that existed between time and space, linking all moments in time together. Darth Sidious, ruler of the Galactic Empire, sought to enter the world between worlds, as gaining access would give him unimaginable power, and as Minister Veris Hydan believed, control of the universe. The Jedi padawan Ezra Bridger thwarted Sidious' designs when he discovered the key, and was able to unlock and enter the world between worlds first.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "I always got the sense that if somebody else had gone into that World Between Worlds, they would have experienced something completely different. They would have heard different voices echoing, the portals would have been different, so it's all about what you bring into it and what your experiences are and what your connections are."
- ―Henry Gilroy
The world between worlds was created for the Star Wars Rebels television series. It was identified in the season four episode "A World Between Worlds". While developing the world between worlds, Rebels showrunner Dave Filoni had conversations with Star Wars creator George Lucas about it. During the Star Wars Rebels Remembered panel at Celebration Chicago in April 2019, Filoni confirmed that the concept for the World between worlds had been inspired by the Wood between the Worlds in C.S.Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia.
- Ezra's Duel with Danger
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Kindred"
- Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds" (First identified as world between worlds)
- (Picture only)